“Hotchee Dogs!”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 October 2018

The whole place is like going back in time to a soda fountain, or family restaurant.
Great hot dogs. Fries are perfect. This is the place for all people. Young, old, suits, workboots, whatever. Get yourself 2 hotchee dogs and small fries. It'll be a happy day.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This is where we come for comfort food! Known for their hotchee dog (a family favorite), the service is fast and friendly, the food is delicious comfort, and when we want to just dine and relax in a hometown atmosphere, this is our top choice for supper. Enjoy!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Found a hotel, then need a place to eat, drove down town and found a parking spot. It was after 4pm, and a lady walking by, said you don't need to pay for parking. We asked where the was a restaurant down town with ambiance. She recommend the Hamilton Restaurant, where the Hotchee hot dog is a local favorite. Well I had the hot dog and the wife had the hot roast beef sandwich. The hot dog, was enough for me and I had what the locals had. I think, its worth a try. The wife said her Roast Beef was to die for and would not share with me. I think this place is worth a try.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Very friendly staff: excellent omelet prepared well and cooked perfectly: comes with side of potatoes and choice of toast: great meal prepared well and wonderful service. Booth and counter seating. Very reasonably priced: off street parking at meter. Would definitely recommend. We got a slice of the homemade blueberry and apple pie for later and both were fabulous !!!

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Some travelers use their smartphones to find the best route, to access Facebook, or to finally return those phone calls that require only an occasional "uh-huh." I make use of my marginally-developed high school algebraic skills to anticipate when and where we will dine en route. Several weeks ago while traveling from New Jersey to southwestern Pennsylvania, I announced that we would be lunching at the Hamilton Restaurant. Unfortunately, I was so entranced by the reviews that I ignored the red line representing a trucking Bermuda Triangle on Route 11 that delayed us by about 15 minutes. We finally broke away from the Convoy, parked, and made our way to this 1962 time capsule. We found a marked contrast to our NY / NJ dining experiences. A hipster might starve not only because of the traditional fare but also because the Hamilton does not take plastic - although the prices are quite reasonable. I guessed from seeing the folk dolls and reviewing some of the menu options that this might be the place to try a chicken gyro with a Greek salad. It was fresh, messy (ok - that was me), and wonderful - with homemade tahini sauce! I know some of the other reviewers expected - I dunno - more engagement from the staff. When I served my waitress-time, yes, I had to introduce myself and suggest the proper booze for your burger. Thankfully, these servers did not get that memo. They were efficient and friendly and, truth-be-told, they were hoofing it from the kitchen way in the back to what I determined to be some sort of hot dog shrine up front where they were assembling the signature wieners that that apparently make this place famous. I guess if you're into that. I might have tried one of the desserts but my lunch was quite enough so - except for the whole truck traffic debacle - I enjoyed our trip to the Hamilton and I hope you might, too!

Date of visit: August 2018