“Understaffed”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #20 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order!Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I ate at this restaurant on a Monday evening and the staffing was minimal. The poor servers were going crazy trying to keep up with the customers. Restaurant was relatively clean and the food was good.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Love the variety on Hoss’s buffet. The items on the menu are great too. The steaks are good as well as the seafood.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Do not go here. Food buffet is not fresh steak over cooked, outdated furnishings & not sure how clean it is etc, etc,etc

Reviewed 15 February 2018

The prices and the food are good. Love the salad/soup/dessert bar. Always go there when stopping for an overnight in Carlisle..

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The past two times my wife and I have eaten at Hoss's, we have had the same server. The first time was terrible. During our service, she went outside 4 times to smoke. She smelled like smoke and paid no attention to our table nor her section nor the restaurant. How could it get worse. The second time she asked me if I wanted a refill on water. I did. She brought the water out, not to my table but an unoccupied table near the front, then she went outside for yet another smoke break. Finally she realized what she had done and she told us she would take our drinks off of the bill. I went to the salad bar and she proceeded to tell my wife that the service was just bad because everyone was out sick and the cooks were all sick. She told the table next to us that she knew she was a terrible server but it was the only job she could find. Needless to say we have eaten at the Carlisle Hoss's for the last time.

Been to Hoss's Steak & Sea House? Share your experiences!