“Typical truck stop”

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Description: Since 1975, the Iron Skillet Restaurant has been cooking up fresh food served by friendly folks. From our hand-cut steaks to hand peeled, fresh mashed potatoes, to the Best Buffet on the highway, you'll see why professional drivers vote Iron Skillet their favorite restaurant year after year!
Reviewed 29 May 2018

OK place to eat if you’re not picky. Varied menu, but not fine dining by a long shot. Nothing outstanding, but nothing horrible either.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Sure it's a truck stop. But we loved stopping here for breakfast, and you don't have to get the buffet, you can order right off the menu. If you need it, there's washers and dryers, a haircut place, showers, and a USPS mailbox as well as a gift shop/convenience store. Clean bathrooms.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

On my way south stopped off for breakfast. Food was average, there was a buffet but we ordered off the menu. It was typical breakfast food. Eggs, potatoes, bacon and toast. My only comment, the service was slow.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a place primarily for truckers but the food wasn't that great. I was there for breakfast and expected more. The buffet was so unappetizing I ordered from the menu - eggs, sausage, and hash browns. The scrambled eggs were OK; the sausage was extremely greasy and swimming in grease on the plate; and the hash browns were not cooked all that well. Nearly $10 was way too much for what I got - especially in Carlisle. I was sorry I stayed and didn't look for something else. Won't make that mistake again. I'll go into town and go to Fay's Country Kitchen!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I've probably had two breakfast visits and several dinner visits. The breakfast buffet is very good, dinner is OK, but not my thing. Always good service and I like listening to the "Non-politically correct" truckers.