“A wonderful lunch with our granddaughter”

Redds Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #1 of 176 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Southern smoked BBQ with homemade dry rub, bbq sauces and sides. We also provide buffet style on-site catering services
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Our lunch was a wonderful experience. Redds has an inviting atmosphere, combined with great service, abundant food, reasonable prices and a menu with many options. Our server was attentive without being overbearing, which provided us with quality time to share with our granddaughter.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We were very excited to try this restaurant. We live about 25 miles away and never had a reason to venture over here until we bought tickets to a concert. It’s highly rated locally and we love barbecue.

We knew they did not serve alcohol but were not aware it was BYOB. The neighbor sells alcohol which our server told us we were welcome to go over and get what we wanted and return to our table. We did not do that but know it’s an option.

It was not too full when we arrived at 5:45 pm so we had our choice of tables at which to seat ourselves. Later on there was not a table to be had.

We both ordered the 2 meat sampler plates. I ordered chicken wings (4) and 1/4 rack of ribs with Mac and cheese and fries. My husband ordered beef brisket and ribs with the same sides.

The French fries were outstanding and piping hot. My meat was not hot, it was luke warm. The wings were very salty and very small. The ribs were very dry but yes the meat falls off the bone. I’m not a huge Mac and cheese fan and again it wasn’t very hot but tasted fine. I did not eat very much of it choosing to concentrate on my meat. I am a huge lover of corn bread and I was sorely disappointed. I don’t feel like the bread was fresh. It was very dense and again not hot or even warm. I did not eat it all.

I used the Kansas City BBQ and Honey Mustard sauces. The KC sauce was sweet which was expected and I liked it. The HM was more honey than mustard and was also very sweet which was not expected. I stuck with the KC sauce which my ribs desperately needed. I love the taste of chicken wings and ate them as they were.

My husband liked the beef brisket and agreed with me that the ribs were very dry.

Our service was good but I will not be returning.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We decide to try on a whim one day for lunch and by far the best food I've ever had along with the best service I wish I could give more stars !!! Reminded me of being home in the south from the meats to the collards to the cornbread. Don't miss this place !

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited REDDS right before close on a weekday night. We were expecting mediocre food and less than perfect service. That is not what we encountered! Instead the servers were very welcoming, and the food was fantastic! We have been searching the states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio for six months to find good barbecue and this is where we found it!! We were beyond satisfied when we left. Yes, you have to try Bacon on a stick. We highly recommend this stop (and Misty our server) to anyone!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Tried the sampler dinner for 2. We had the ribs, chicken, pulled pork, corn muffins and baked beans.Our dinner was a nice variety, good portions and great flavor.