“A Happy Vacation Discovery”

Redds Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #1 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Southern smoked BBQ with homemade dry rub, bbq sauces and sides. We also provide buffet style on-site catering services
Reviewed 9 November 2017

After a long day of walking through three different antiques co-ops, we were tired and hungry & hoping for someplace not too fancy offering good food. We found it right on North Hanover Street in Carlisle - Redd's Smokehouse BBQ. The smells were inviting when we walked in the door and the food was fast in coming. The dishes, flavorful by themselves, became even tastier with the addition of their own bottled BBQ sauces (a choice of five different flavors on the table - my personal favorite was Kansas City BBQ Sauce). My husband found the Beef Brisket to be juicy & tender - his side dishes apple sauce & their creamy-lishous Mac & Cheese. I chose the 1/2 Rack of Pork Ribs along with flavorful Collard Greens & Mac & Cheese. Corn Bread was included with the order. We were so happy with our meal, we decided to give their dessert selection a try, sharing an order of Warm Peach Cobbler w/ Vanilla Ice Cream & found it exemplified the meaning of comfort food.

1  Thank OldBridges

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Went in on Sunday with family. Been here myself once before a few weeks ago. Impressed with the food over all. Seem to be improving the inside, but the food is the real reason anybody goes to a restaurant. And this is not the recommendation that your upset with someone giving you. This is the recommendation that you will want to reward the person who gave it to you. I got bacon on a stick, wings, and ribs. All we're delicious the way real bbq should be, with out sauce. However their choices for sauces are well rounded and tasty. Bacon was tender yet crispy and ribs were tender and clinging yet still falling off the bone. Good stuff! Me and the family will be back

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Ordered ribs for the second time at this restaurant. Both times they were very tough and rubbery. They were cooked but not long enough. Both times the staff acted as though it was strange that I thought they were tough, so tough I had to tear the ribs off the bone with great force of my teeth! If you’re going to call yourself a BBQ restaurant, you’d think you’d work hard to have tender ribs.

ReddsBBQ, Owner at Redds Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi Allison, thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear of the bad experience. My name is Nick, I am the owner and would love to talk to you about it. If you could give me a call at 717-254-6419 and ask for me I would very much appreciate it. I will say as a rule our ribs tend to be fall off the bone almost too Tender so I don't know exactly what happened especially for it to have happened twice but I would love to give you a free meal to show you what we are capable of

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped after a day hike. Do not let the exterior scare you away. We enjoyed the atmosphere as soon as we entered. We were greeted by Sarah and she offered suggestions. We all enjoyed our meals. Pulled pork and sweet potato fries. Two of us shared the 4 meat sampler plus sides. Great wings, bacon on a stick, ribs and brisket. Great food, but the highlight of our meal was Sarah. She rates as probably the best server we have ever encountered. Friendly, great suggestions and a total love for her job will ensure we return. I only hope the owner/ manager realizes what a great asset Sarah is. One suggestion, please replace or repair the trash can in the restroom.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Great salad with brisket and an order of wings. Lots left over and awesome sauces- spicy tomato, tomato bbq, Kansas City bbq, honey mustard! Janell was a great waitress thank you!