“Delicious food and wonderful service!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lone Star Chuck Wagon BBQ
Ranked #97 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Lone Star Chuck Wagon is a must if you're looking for good barbecue. My family especially loves the brisket and the sweet potato fries. I like the chicken. Fresh-made rolls are a tasty bonus. You can tell that the food is cooked with love. While waiting for your order, take time to chat with the owner, Mike, who serves up a warm, heaping helping of true southern gentlemanly hospitality.

1  Thank saavychic

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I always enjoyed patronizing this lunch wagon when it was open under previous ownership, and still do under the new with the revised menu. The highlight is the brisket so make sure to get the big one with some beans and sweet potato fries. Gotta love the little guys.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I try and eat BBQ once a week and I keep going back to Lone Star Chuck Wagon. I like their pork but it is the brisket I like best. I did try their combo, beef, ribs and pork which is very good value too. Their home made baked beans are very good with lots of pork in it.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The only BBQ brisket in town and it is very good. The Chuck wagon has now moved to the 724 of N Hanover Street just above the Hess gas station. The fresh cut fries are excellent, the bread roll is better than your average bun. I need to try their pulled pork ribs and sausage but I am impressed so far. The portions are good value for money. As the owner Mike and his wife get settled in to new location I hope they will have vinegar for their fries,, a choice of BBQ sauce and a website. Now I don't have to drive to Road Hawg in Duncannon to get good brisket. Pork and brisket can be bought by the pound, best to call ahead for ribs so you won't be disappointed, (717) 713-9705