“Lots of sweets!”
Review of Carlisle Bakery

Carlisle Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Carlisle
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Not a large case but a nice amount of choices. Purchased several "samples" and they were all good. Items are not sold by the piece but by the pound.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Staff spent a lot of time w/me to design a beautiful cake for 60th birthday. Illness forced the cancellation of cake but Bakery was understanding.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a morning pick me up. Large, soft cream filled donut and a cup of coffee did the trick. The choices were wide and it was hard to decide. Biscotti, cannoli, cookies, oh my.
I've seen mixed reviews, but my experience was completely positive.
Note-they do not have specialty drinks, plain coffee only; no lattes, etc.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I really wanted to support a local bakery located on a downtown Main Street, because I understand it is hard for them to survive. We passed it a couple of times when we were in Carlisle but rarely saw anyone inside. The sign said they closed at 8:00 pm and we planned to stop after dinner. Arrived about 7:25 and they had already locked up and the server was inside sweeping the floors. Came back the following morning and I was not impressed by the small amount of options. We tried a sampling of items and none were really good or even more imaginative than donuts, cupcakes and tea cookies. I can get better at a supermarket bakery so not at all what I was expecting from an actual bakery. The make custom cakes and I am thinking that must be what keeps them in business.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Wanted to support local small business. Was doing some shopping and thought would be a great time to try it out. Selection was minimal and the eclairs were dry.

Date of visit: November 2016

Been to Carlisle Bakery? Share your experiences!