“Great place for a group”

Momma Spriggs Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were in town for a wedding the previous day and my family decided to all meet for breakfast before we all split up to go our separate ways. We chose Momma Spriggs because of the good reviews and fortunately were able to get reservations the night prior. We were not sure exactly who was going to show up and a couple of family members overslept, so while the majority of us got there close to the appointed time, a few stragglers came as much as a half hour late. The staff did a great job of getting the orders of the late people to go quickly -- so that they were eating while some of the slower eaters (who came earlier) were still eating. Basically, they did their best to close the gap in time so that the late comers were not eating entirely alone. I liked that kind of service.

As for the breakfast food, I would not rate it as the absolute top, but it was good -- especially for the price. Of all the people in our group, I think those who ordered the omelets were ultimately the ones singing the praises of the food the most. The wild blueberry pancakes did not have wild blueberries. Those were certainly just regular blueberries. The pancakes were still good, you just need to use your imagination to get it all the way to wild blueberries.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I went for breakfast with a friend around 9am. The crowd was light. The waitress came over right away and introduced herself. She kept our drinks filled and we didn't have to wait long for our order. The waffle,strawberries and whipped cream were yummy, but a tad more expensive than diner food. Dinner time can get busy, but the food and service is good.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

My husband I were travelling South from Canada and planned to meet up with some friends our first night on the road. Wanting to avoid the usual chains, we picked 2 or 3 restaurants and after reading reviews here at TA - Momma Spriggs was the winner. Friday evening at 5:30 pm, the restaurant was hopping but our friends had luckily found a booth table where all 5 of us were able to sit fairly comfortably even though a few of us were not small people. Our waiter was friendly and efficient and very accommodating to a table of gabbers. My husband ordered the cheeseburger melt with fries while I ordered the lasagna which came with a side salad. He rated the burger as delicious - it was done like a grilled cheese with a generous patty in it...cooked to how he had asked for it. He really enjoyed his meal, although he found the side order of fries was not generous at all. My side salad was fresh and crisp...general size and a good variety of veggies in it. My lasagna was very good - although I found there really was no tomato taste to it....really more cheese and meat than anything but it was quite filling. My friends all enjoyed their meals as well - although I can not speak for them other than that. Wanting to continue the evening, we decided to order dessert as well - even though we were all quite full. My husband and I ordered the Pumpkin Pecan tart to share - however we were soon told that they were sold out of it - so our waiter promised to make us something that he thought we would enjoy just as much. Our friends had ordered the chocolate peanut butter cake which looked fantastic as well as the Hershey cake which looked good as well. Our dessert was great-- a large fresh baked chocolate chunk cookie with vanilla ice cream, whip cream and chocolate sauce....huge and almost too much to finish even though we shared....the nicest part of this evening was that we were never rushed or pushed even though it was clearly very busy. Would definitely visit here again! Last note...the bill was very reasonable for what we had...on par with any of the chains ie TGI Fridays or Applebees.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Found the place in trip advisor and liked the positive feedback.

I had the lasagna and she had a seafood pasta dish made to her liking. Both were great.

Our waitress sold us on desert and it was wonderful.

Downside, I missed the byob and had just unloaded our car at the b&b.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

went here for a birthday party brunch in the private room. service was great and food came quickly despite an overflowing crowd. food was solid but not spectacular. there was always 10-15 people waiting for a table which says something about the place(in a good way). Also the make ALL desserts in house which is a rarity these days