“Good comfort food”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Good food, reasonably priced, with quick and friendly service. It’s a great place for a casual meal, though probably best for smaller groups based on the available seating arrangements.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I have visited Issei many times over the past almost 10 years, their food never disappoints. Service is always fast and attentive. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner. We’ve tried their broths (anything with the sliced pork is a must-have), noodles (pad Thai is my favorite), and rice (pineapple and beef is great) dishes and all are fantastic. Also the bao buns and shrimp dumpling appetizers are phenomenal. I’ve never been to a noodle place that is even close to Issei.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Great Ramen and apps! We were Traveling with my husband for work. We got an Airbnb and the menu was in their kitchen. So we took a short walk with our son and found the place. We were not disappointed all. It’s exactly what we wanted to try. They even had pictures in the menu. Even our son stepped out of his comfort zone.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch here with a colleague when I was in Carlisle for business. The selection of various types of Asian noodle dishes is fantastic. From ramen to pad Thai to Vietnamese vermicelli, they have what you want. Our food came out fast and service was kind.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were regular customers at Issei Noodle until the other night. We arrived and it was busy. There was some type of event going on at the college but we got a table. We ordered and we all got our food except my wife. I asked the waiter and he apologized and said "we only have one wok tonight". No problem, except her food didn't come until we were all almost done eating. Again we understood, it happens. She had ordered a pad thai dish. What she received was only about 4 bites of noodles spread out on a plate and covered with a mound of bean sprouts (which were not in what she ordered). We asked the waiter and he would not take her dish back. We didn't want to cause a scene in the crowded restaurant and disrupt peoples meals or make the management look bad so she ate it (and she was starving). We also didn't have time to wait for another meal especially with only one wok functioning. When I went up to pay I tried to quietly tell them what happened without people hearing that were standing around waiting. It was $14 for this pile of bean sprout poo that my wife was served. Were you trying to stretch the dishes because you only had one wok and it was busy or did you just decide to serve this crap? I asked for half off as I thought that was fair (it was worth zero). The owner got irate and started screaming not only to me but at the employees as well. She then screamed "No she ate it must pay" or something like that. Now I know why there is a new wait staff (except the relatives) every time we went. The waiter wouldn't take my wife's meal back because he was afraid of the owner. After seeing what a horrible person you are and how you treat not only paying customers but also your hard working employees, I WILL NEVER EVER SET FOOT IN YOUR RESTAURANT AGAIN!!

1  Thank Scott_835

Been to Issei Noodle? Share your experiences!