All reviews room was clean king room traveling home continental breakfast was very good welcomed warmly harrisburg pike fridge and microwave an older hotel first floor front desk person easy access parking lot ehab assad pinch midnight truck
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I was checking out of the Econolodge today August 6 when I heard who I’m assuming is the manager speaking to an employee or an employee that is being terminated I overheard him saying the next time I see black people in your room I am calling the cops on them they are bad business and I do not want them around my establishment. Being a black person myself I took that very offensive he is definitely a racist and I will never ever come back to this motel again and I will make sure I let my friends and everybody else know not to come to that hotel for the next car show which is very sad because I’ve been coming to this hotel for years. You should definitely check into new management that is not racist and judge mental being that he is also from a different nationality you would think that he would be more understanding of people with different color very sad.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear: Mr Greg

This is the first time that I got a bad review to myself since I start working in hospitality industry.

First of all allow me to apologize on behalf of myself and the hotel for this kind of bad feeling you got here. I’m fully understood how offended you felt caused of what you heard.

You have mentioned that you have been here in Econolodge many times, If you have meet me during those times, you will understand that I’m very faraway of that racist man you are talking about. By the way I’m an African immigrant to US too. We have here in Econolodge a team consists of many nationalities and our goal is to get our guests satisfaction regardless of their color and religious and their believe. I was never been the racist person you are talking about. I didn’t mean to say anything bad about his color I was just trying to specify the person . all I was looking to is to prevent and secured my property from stranger came with no permission.

Again with the fully respect to all my friends and their families Black African American , I would like to repeat my sincerely apologize for any bad feeling my words had caused to you or to any of your beloved family and friends. You are always welcome to come to Econolodge your second home away from home.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The room was spotless, laminate wood floors, could bounce a quarter on the bed. Bathroom spotless. Came with iron, board, hairdryer. Couch in room. Nice furniture. Good breakfast. Only downside was noisy clientele during the night Which could happen at any place. Would recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive hard to make sure each and every guest has a nice comfortable stay with us at an affordable price. On behalf of our staff members, I would like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. Here at the Econo Lodge Carlisle, we are committed to provide excellent customer service to all our guests at any given time.
Once again, we thank you for your help and support and look forward to your next stay with us sometime soon!
Best regards,

Econo Lodge Carlisle
717-243-8585

Reviewed 31 July 2018

OMG! We have never experienced this before! We pulled the sheets down to go to bed, and the sheets were dirty with many dead bugs on them and a scratch off lottery ticket on the sheet. It wasn’t even a winning ticket!
I took pictures of the bugs and stomped off to the office. The clerk was very apologetic. She said that had never happened before. Yeah, right! We wanted clean sheets and a discount, but the manager said no and changed us to another room instead.
This place gives me the creeps. Dirty, worn out furniture, and not kept up to standards. When we checked in they told us no pets are allowed, and when we moved rooms, beside us in the next room are two pit bulls looking out the window!!
Ewww! I don’t know what happens in these rooms, but I don’t feel comfortable here. Creepy and dirty place! I am too tired to switch hotels, but we will NEVER stay in an Econo Lodge again! Eww, just eww!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear valued Guest

What happened that you made a reservation for a smoking room with a promotion $ 49.99 pernight? We kept couple of rooms for smoker people outside the hotel building; it’s normally to get some bugs from the outside trees. We changed every single sheet in our beds, every single morning. Some of the sheets don’t look very fresh after washing them many times. The front desk called me and said that you need a discount to be happy . I asked her to upgrade the room to a two queen size beds with no additional charges. I asked the front desk to call you and be sure that you are happy and satisfied with the new room. She stated that you are so happy. I understand how frustrated you get when we don’t make a discount for your room.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Easy to get to off I81. Great price, nice clean room, was very pleased. Staff cordial. Breakfast was good. Definitely recommend staying here. Checked prices on line as well as reviews. This was a very good choice. Stay here again in future

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Meggie

Best regards,

Econo Lodge Carlisle
717-243-8585

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Met friends for the summer nationals at williams grove speedway, we had 3 rooms
that were very clean all new flooring and bedding and the breakfast was outstanding.
Ehab the manager and his staff could not have been more helpful this is now our hotel twice a year when we go racing. Also one of the few hotaels that the pictures on the internet actually match the rooms we stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear : Guest

Thank you for your review! We appreciate our guest’s comments and concerns and are glad you took the time to share your experience with others. The front desk and housekeeping staff always strive to exceed guest expectations and feedback from guests like you make that possible. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future!

Kind Regards,