All reviews cracker barrel choice hotel chain room was clean indoor pool the hotel is conveniently located nice pillows easy drive well run hotel decided to give it a try waffles close to downtown welcome center room door off the highway breakfast was included went out of her way first floor
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Husband and I were staying with another couple at the Sleep Inn, Carlisle at a rate of $189/night for 4 nights. After 2 nights, decided to get another room because of a contracting cold/cough and did not want to keeps the other couple up at night. The rate was now $300 but negotiated $250/night for the remaining 2 nights. The next morning I check the rate and it had dropped to $149/night. The front desk attendant indicated that I could not cancel my reservation and rebook at the lower rate. I understand the element of supply and demand, and would expect to see $30-$40 rate differentials, but not over $100 difference. Spoke to the manager who indicated that he would talk to the owner to try to get a price adjustment. However, the owner did not see any reason that I deserved a price adjustment. PRICE GOUGING!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Used travel points for a free night and we got a 2 double bed suite. The front desk attendant was very nice and friendly. Hotel is dated, the carpeting in the halls and elevator desperately needs replaced, or at least cleaned. Our room was large with a fridge, the bathroom was ODD. Sink area was outside of the bathroom, but there was no door for the toilet/shower area. It had a pocket door! And the light for that area was inside that room on the farthest wall, so you better know where it is if you have to use it during the night. And that area was SMALL! The toilet was nearly on the floor, the shower (no tub) was roomy, but the door had rubber hanging off from underneath and needed repaired. Overall, the room was clean, the air conditioner ran all night, but wasn't running and shutting off and disrupting sleep. The free breakfast had all of the basic items you expect, but the dining area is very small. I would say the hotel was "satisfactory"

Room tip: Hotel is right by I 81, so there is a LOT of truck noise at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear Momoo,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are always looking for ways to improve our services. Your comments will help in our continued efforts to provide an exceptional stay for all guest visiting the Carlisle, PA area.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Nice Hotel. Friendly staff. This hotel is a good deal for the price. The hallway carpets could use a little cleaning but the rooms a clean and fresh. Nicely taken care of property. Breakfast of eggs yogurt ceareal waffles... pretty typical hotel food. Quiet rooms. Great location if you’re heading to a Carlisle Fairgrounds event. Very close easy drive to the fairgrounds.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Manmountain6,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are currently in the process of transitioning our remodeling efforts to focus on the inside. The exterior is just about finished and next will be the hallway carpet and walls. We look forward to your return so that you can see what we have done with the place!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had a block of rooms here for my sister’s wedding and it was a disaster.

Here are the highlights:

1. Sleep Inn management tells my sister that they will provide a shuttle to transport our guests between the Sleep Inn and the wedding venue.

2. Several months of sporadically returned phone calls and emails during which the room block is finalized and the shuttle remains vague.

3. Three days before the wedding, we are told that the manager who offered us a shuttle has been replaced and also he was just lying in order to get our business. We’re told that that Sleep Inn never provides shuttles, they can do nothing to help us, and they don’t even know of any shuttle companies in the area.

4. We put large amounts of time & money into finding a last minute shuttle to replace the one that the Sleep Inn had promised us. I call the Sleep Inn to let them know we have solved the problem they created and arrange to leave flyers with shuttle information at the front desk for our guests.

5. THE DAY OF THE WEDDING

I am supposed to be helping my sister put her wedding veil on when I start getting phone calls from our guests at the Sleep Inn Carlisle saying that “the mean lady at the front desk” is yelling at people who ask about the shuttle, telling everyone that the flyers I had printed up are wrong and that there’s no shuttle.

I have to step away from my sister’s wedding to call the Sleep Inn Carlisle, at which point I also get yelled by the lady at the front desk. I keep saying that I only have a minute because I’m in the middle of a wedding, I try to say “please stop telling my guests there is no shuttle” but I can’t get the words out because she won’t stop YELLING at me about why the confusion isn’t her fault - she’s blaming the manager, my flyers, everything.

I ask another bridesmaid to help my sister get dressed for her wedding and step away to focus on the phone call. Every time I try to get the words “please stop telling my guests there is no shuttle” out, I’m drowned out by shouts about how it’s all my fault. Finally I have no choice but to yell back, shouting the shuttle schedule into the phone and then hanging up.

Thankfully, my cousins were staying at the Sleep Inn Carlisle and they were able to round up the other guests and tell them to ignore the hotel staff and get everyone on the shuttle in time for the wedding.

The front desk employee was unpleasant and unprofessional but the real problem here is poor management...or total lack of management, from what I can tell. There is clearly no communication between the front desk and management at all. They kept blaming things on each other and neither one seemed to know the others’ schedule.

After this experience, you can rest assured that I will never be patronizing a Sleep Inn again in any capacity. I recommend you avoid them as well.

Date of stay: July 2018
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear UnpackYourAdjs,

I do apologize for the issues you mentioned above. I was not made aware of any of these issues by your group while they were here, nor did I hear anything from the front desk about the issues you've stated. I know when we spoke last, you had mentioned the former ownership company of this property had offered the shuttle service. When I call and asked them about this they said in fact that was not the case. I returned to the contract to see what was stated on there and in fact there was no mention on that either. A few days before you were set to arrive, we did touch base in regards to the shuttle situation. At that time you mentioned you had found a service and you would be dropping off flyers at the desk so the 5 rooms under your party that were staying with us would have a driving service take them to and from the wedding. I did not think anything further of this until this point in time. I was told the flyers were on the desk and everything was good to go as of Friday night. I do apologize for the interaction with the front desk staff as we typically receive glowing reviews about our staff. I will certainly speak with them regarding this review to see exactly what happened that day.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is one of the nicest Choice Hotel chain hotels we have stayed in. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant.
The breakfast was the normal scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage (depending on the day), waffles, cereal, toast, English muffins, Danish and more. The woman taking care of the room was cleaning each table almost as soon as it was empty.
The common areas were small but well kept.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear JohnMcko,