All reviewsthe main housebed and breakfastfireplace roomregular hotelbirds chirpingbelgian waffleshuge bathroomromantic weekendfresh fruithot waterking suiteevery morningwarm muffinsshrimp pestoget awaymartyhosts
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a B&B. The owners, Gaile and Marty, treated us with love, respect and care. The word hospitality is rooted in Greek words that mean “love” and “strangers”. Gaile and Marty really treat their guests with love and made us strangers feel at home. The first floor is a cozy restaurant that’s open on weekend nights. The food was amazing and we loved our breakfasts. We will be back and spreading the word of their B&B to our friends.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a last minute trip for my husband and I for our 5 year anniversary. Well it turned into a nightmare as our two year old got severely sick and ended up in the er, I contacted Gaile the same day so she would have plenty of time to relist and see if we could get our money back. This is the first time this has happened. My husband and I travel all the time! I emailed and checked the site frequently. She never took the booking down. It looked like the room was occupied the whole weekend and she wasn't booked to capacity. I understand there was a no refund policy but I had emergency and any mother would have done the same for her child. I will never go again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eac1121
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We found this BnB thru Groupon but ultimately upgraded on arrival to a larger room. My wife and I stayed for a romantic weekend here and it was lovely. In addition to the tasty breakfast they also have a restaurant on site which we ate at both evenings. The inn keepers are very friendly and funny and make us feel like family I absolutely recommend this BnB.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the cozy Brookview Manor Inn. Nestled deep in Canadensis, surrounded by the quietness of nature; birds chirping, wind brushing against the leaves, and stream water tumbling down rocks. We were indeed all set to have an awesome getaway for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

Walking through the front entrance we began to take in all the charm and interesting odds and ends all around us. It appeared that we were the only ones here and began to wonder how to check-in. Then from behind a door near the front desk, we heard a curious voice say "hit the bell". Looking for a bell that had seemingly passed our eyes we located a porcelain bellhop holding a bell with a sign that said "ring for assistance", and so we did.

Then he appeared, almost on queue from behind the door, Marty, chef extraordinaire, and we would soon find, quite the entertainer. He gave us the warmest welcome while he waited for Gale, his wife of 40 years to check us in. Gale, like Marty, was a character and seeing them banter back and forth made this manor really feel like a home.

Gale was very accommodating, and gave us a tour of the main house reviewing the history of different nicknacks on the way. The tour also included views of other available rooms if you wanted to upgrade. My wife and I purchased a Groupon and were originally slated for room 7. It was a bit tiny and on the 3rd floor so we opted to upgrade to room 3, the fireplace room, on the 2nd floor. The cost for the upgrade was very reasonable and I would suggest calling Gale directly for the best deals instead of booking online.

Room 3 was a decent size and had a lot of character. It included a walk in closet with window, mini-fridge, flat screen tv, double bed, 3 large windows to let a good amount of light in, gas fireplace, and bathroom with a shower/tub combo. My one complaint here would be the hot water, it took quite some time to get it warm and was never really hot. We figured it was par for the course with a rustic bed and breakfast. Our friends, another couple on anniversary, stood in the jacuzzi suite and had no issues with hot water so room 3 might be an exception. The bed was reasonably comfortable. My wife is about 4 months pregnant and had no complaints, she actually took quite a few naps as well.

Now to "My Daughter's Place", restaurant and bar within the manor, named rightfully so after Melissa, Gale's daughter, who with Marty put out some incredible dishes. This was truly the standout of the trip. We were more then pleasantly surprised, the meal was amazing. Perfectly seasoned, well portioned, and delightful. The first night we had fried tomato and fried calamari appetizers. My wife then had the falafel soup, which she would get the following evening as well because she liked it so much. For the main course I had the shrimp special (picture in review) and added chicken to the order. My wife had the Chicken Abbey, their take on Chicken Francese. Both dishes we delicious and the service was great. Marty and Gale came out often to mingle with guests and to check on how everyone was enjoying their meals. That was a really nice touch.

We opted to make reservations for the next night as well and Gale gave us a bottle of champagne on them. I do suggest making reservations early because they book up quickly. The following night was a bit busier so service was slower then the night before but still within reason. This night we had the chicken and lemongrass dumpling appetizer, french onion and falafel soups, and for our main course we had the tilapia special and the chicken and shrimp pesto pasta. The tilapia was bone-in, placed on top of a bed of fresh vegetables marinated with different herbs, spices, and oils, stuffed with orange slices and wrapped in parchment paper to get it nicely steamed and tender. When I was done, only bones were left - another excellent dish. Gale and Marty were both around again mixing and mingling with the crowd.

This is where I believe the Brookview Manor Inn separates itself from the completion. It's Marty and Gale. Their interactions with guests and between themselves brings this homeyness feeling to the forefront that many travelers hope to experience when visiting a bed and breakfast.

Finally, my review of a bed and breakfast would not be complete without a review of the breakfast itself. Served at 9am on the dot, we found ourselves in a sunroom on the corner of the manor looking out at the forest. Breakfast starts with coffee, juice or tea accompanied by an assortment of warm muffins. Then a small cup of fresh fruit to refresh your palate. Then came the main event... the first morning we had French toast croissants with eggs and sausage and the second morning we had Belgian waffles. Like dinner, Marty takes pride in his dishes and did not disappoint.

Marty and Gale if you are reading this, thank you for a lovely weekend full of memories and tastes. We will certainly be back for more in the future!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rod C
gaileandmarty, Owner at The Brookview Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for that lovely review. We are both glad you had a good time. We hope to see you again some time in the near future.
Gaile

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant experience this past weekend here. The staff, specifically Marty & Gaile , are incredibly kind and accommodating. The accommodations are quaint and a beautiful site. I highly recommend a getaway to visit here!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you again in the near future
Gaile