“Local Favorite”
Review of Xolo Tacos

Xolo Tacos
Reserve with OpenTable
Xolo Tacos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I frequent Xolo whenever I'm in the mood for some great Mexican and delicious margaritas! They have take out options as well and the management is always very welcoming!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Cute little place decorated like a Mexican house. Nice drinks. Very clean. Good service. Tasty food. Food brought out very quickly. I do not like Mexican food, but I brought my husband here, as he loves it. I ordered the chicken soup, and it was delicious! It was thick with plenty of chicken. The tres leches cake was moist, large and good. Prices are low. I will recommend and return.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We ordered a variety of items, and weren't captivated by any of them. The service was inattentive. Staff were mostly on their smartphones rather than seeing to it that we had what was needed. Tables were set with everything except spoons and sweeteners. When I ordered hot tea, I had to ask for a spoon and sweetener, as the server did not think to provide them. Second cup of hot tea was lukewarm. Caesar salad was edible, although without sufficient dressing. Guacamole was bland, so we added salsa verde to give it some flavor. Black bean soup was okay, not great. Mushroom tacos were okay, not great. Fajitas de asada (steak) were inedible. The steak had no taste, and been cooked to the consistency of shoe leather. There should have been onions in with the meat and peppers, but I couldn't find any. They would at least have given the shoe leather some flavor. I complained about the dish, but was not offered any compensation, or even
an apology. The best (least disappointing) food we got was rice and refried beans.

Parking is directly next to the garbage bins of the Bryn Mawr firehouse.

This place may be authentically Mexican, but it's not worth paying Bryn Mawr prices for it.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious, the portions are generous, and the service is friendly. Plus, a friend who lived in Mexico for several years mentioned that the food is the most authentically Mexican in the area.

Carlos F, Owner at Xolo Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

This is what we like to hear! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit to Xolos. This time, we went during the middle of the week and early in the evening. It was much quieter and cozier than in our previous visits when it was busy. I had enchiladas and my wife had mahi tacos. We had guacamole for an appetizer and Flan for dessert. Everything was delicious and gluten-free. Our greeter and waitress were very friendly. The restrooms were immaculate. We will certainly be back and bring friends and family.