“4 friends, 4 meals all great”
Review of Restaurant Cerise

Restaurant Cerise
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cerise features contemporary European cuisine inspired by Chef Ben & his wife Elena Thomas' time abroad and love of open-air markets; those found in every neighborhood with fresh produce, game, cheeses and milk and incredible boiling and bubbling dishes from diverse ethnicities. The dishes will highlight the lighter more modern side of European cuisine, and the diversity of dishes represented by the region's varied landscapes. The name 'Cerise' (French for 'cherry'), is inspired by the cherry season that marks the most abundant time of year in Europe's farm regions and markets.Cerise offers guests a four-course prix fixe menu, with several options for each course. Expect to be full, but not over-stuffed, by meal's end! On Wednesdays and Sundays, a three-course prix fixe option will also be available. We are also open for brunch Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We've eaten at Cerise several times, as had our friends. I think tonight was the best ever. Grilled white asparagus was unusual and delicious. The Amuse bouche of a lightly fried squash blossom filled with ricotta was light as air and served on a tiny spoonful of marinara. I've had the spaghetti bolognese before and it was again divine. The trout almandine was lovely and not too heavy after the filling spaghetti. My husband had the clever "take" on deviled eggs with salmon and said they were excellent. He also had soft shell crabs and said they were superb. A friend had their veal chop and was one large beautiful chop, beautifully served. Deserts all had something special about them even the sorbet and ice creams. Great service -- never rushed, but always there when we needed him.

1  Thank Haverfordgal

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have dined at Restaurant Cerise an average of once a month over the past 12-18 months as we enjoy the wonderful food as well as the friendly and very accommodating, yet professional staff. The menu is always a treat because although the chef keeps a few classics on the menu from week to week, he also adds new dishes regularly to reflect the fish and vegetables that are at the height of the season. As one additional thing about the restaurant that keeps us coming back ....We appreciate the Sunday option of choosing whether to have the 3-course or 4-course menu. If you haven't tried Restaurant Cerise...make a reservation.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

A joy, a wonder, and a hideaway.

Every item we had/shared on the four course prix fixe was a wonder of tastes mixed and balanced with stupendous imagination, care and simplicity. There were three of us so we got to share plenty.

Just the bread and olive oil alone are worth the prix fixe. Forget your gluten hang up and taste the earth, the iron, the sour. We begged for more and more we got.

I am a veggie and I was in a good place, let me assure you.

I am a restaurant and hotel consultant, so not a lot surprises me.

This was the first meal that I have had in more than a decade that left me, left our table, in a rapture. Forget getting on board the "rapture", just dine joyously here and you will be swept away.

And the servers were kind, aware, solicitous. There was summer job bus boy who was a joy to see working his first gig. All heart.

Wow to you all. I am grateful to have been with you.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

The food and service at this restaurant...fantastic. Engaging staff; spectacular food. Great timing of courses being delivered. BYO! Perfect in every sense.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Everything was just perfect. Great menu, tasty food, outstanding service, a pleasant atmosphere quiet enough to have a conversation without shouting, excellent background music and on top of everything, a really great value! We hadn't tried Cerise sooner because we generally don't like prix fixe meals--often I just want an appetizer and entrée or sometimes just an entrée--but the menu was so interesting, the portions are not too big (although it was plenty of food), and the pricing was very reasonable, especially since it's a BYOB so we enjoyed a special bottle of wine without the usual restaurant upcharge. We will be back.