“Great Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Great variety on the menu. MANY different flavors. All well prepared.. good appetizers as well as main courses,

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I used to love coming here with my son. But a recent visit was disappointing. I always ask for a table for 4, because their tables for 2 are too small to accommodate all the dishes we usually order. There was never a problem, until our last visit. It was 6:00 pm and there was only one other party. The food also suffered. Ekta nan was still great, but their Chicken Tikka Masala had tough chunks of dry chicken breast. The other dishes also seemed to have slipped in quality. There appeared to be a new team in place, since I did not see the old timers I am accustomed to. Would probably give them another chance, since there are not many Indian food choices on the Main Line. But they better get their act together....

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I am a little cautious when I try a new Indian restaurant. If the spices are not used correctly the dish will not be good. With Indian cuisine it is all about the proper marriage of spices for the dish. Ekta knows what they are doing. An extremely friendly staff, with dishes that will want you coming back for more. They are a BYOB establishment and there is no corking charge. I found the prices are very reasonable. While I was there I noticed they seem to have a lot of take out orders. As well as a steady stream of customers coming and going in the restaurant to eat. It seemed to me they had very little down time. Everyone who in came for a take out order was greeted with a smile. The customer did not have to wait for the order to get ready. The dining room has maybe 20 tables in it. The food for their customers is made in a timely fashion, so no one has to wait. Dinner for me and my family consisted of the following dishes. Chili Chicken for an appetizer. Garlic Naan, Tandoor Chicken, Mango Shrimp and Goan Shrimp Curry. We were very pleased with all of our dishes. So, if you are ever in the area and you are a little curious about a different cultures food. Stop on in to Ekta and give them a try. I do understand they have two other locations in Philadelphia. They do catering and have gift certificates available. Delivery is available.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice dining room, authentic and yummy food and good service make this a great option for Indian food in Bryn Mawr. We’ve been there twice and enjoyed our meals thoroughly.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a vegetarian option for lunch and were surprised at finding this gem close to Villanova University. Loved it. Their lentils are amazing and their spicy fried cheese is great.