I usually am full of excitement for what is considered a luxury resort. Especially a Relais & Chateaux property. I was stunned when I visited the Glendorn with my husband, it did not deserve the RC stamp of approval for many reasons:
1. When we arrived we were given a key and shown to our cabin. This was nice. But we weren't shown anything else on the grounds. We didn't know where the main dining room was, where the office was, where the fitness center was, etc. We had to figure it out on our own.
2. They boast their "homemade cookies" in each cabin. When we arrived, there was one cookie in our jar, and it was stale and hard. My cookie doesn't matter to me...but they should be on top of things like that. DETAILS...they matter so much.
3. There was thick ice (it was winter) all over the sidewalks. We couldn't get to our cabin easily because the ice was never removed, even after we asked.
4. One night at dinner, my husband asked for a second cocktail when we sat down. The waiter actually said "No. The bar is closed." We sat in stunned amazement. Relais and Chateaux pride themselves on "yes".
5. Food was ok....not worth the money.
The best part of the stay was our cabin, it was very cozy and beautiful. Except the bathroom, which was reminiscent of something from another decade. Too rustic for what they charge.
Go to Blackberry Farm. The owners should go to Blackberry Farm. They have a lot to learn about service and details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and and anchored by its origins of family and adventure, The Lodge at Glendorn is northwestern Pennsylvania’s only luxury nature resort designed in the style of the grand family camps of yore. Ensconced in more than 1,500-acres bordering the Allegheny Mountains, The Lodge at Glendorn offers 16 uniquely designed accommodations, an abundance of family-friendly activities for all seasons, and a custom experience for each and every guest. A member of the Relais & Chateaux collection, The Lodge at Glendorn offers guests access to award-winning culinary experiences from fine dining to cooking classes, and luxury spa services at The Forest Spa; truly an idyllic location for duos, or up to 55 guests. Whether a couple, executives on corporate retreat, or celebrants of a momentous life occasion such as a weddings, Glendorn offers attentive service, with the option of exclusive-use of the property for absolute privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Glendorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glendorn Hotel Bradford