“Food is great, service not impressive.”
Review of Nectar

Nectar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nectar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Berwyn
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: SEPTA Berwyn and Daylesford Train Stations are 1-2 miles from the restaurant
Description: "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon…" Dalai Lama.At Nectar, our love for cooking is deeply embedded in that belief.Nectar, a sensuous, sumptuous, savory experience, features the Asian-inspired-French-infused signature cuisine of star chef Patrick Feury.Nectar's eclectically creative menu offers the perfect amalgamation of classic French cooking with the freshest, finest, seasonal and sustainable ingredients. From wild Alaskan salmon to Arctic Char to grass-fed beef to free range poultry to locally grown, hand picked organic produce; Nectar is committed to selecting what is best for our patrons as well as our planet. Our dedication to quality is captured in our extensive collection of wines, craft beer and fresh nectar cocktails. We assiduously pair the varietal notes in our wines to consummately complement our aromatic dishes.Such attention to detail is also illustrated in Nectar's architectural combination of artistry and urban beauty. Designed by the New York-based David Rockwell Group, Nectar showcases a bi-level, stone structure with vaulted ceilings that give room to a towering 18-foot silk-screen Buddha. Resplendent in His robed repose, the Buddha's radiance is reflected in Nectar's impressive interior. The dining room's inviting ambiance of fiery orange glows and warm, lemon yellow and chocolate brown banquettes delivers a kindred spirit to Nectar's distinctive menu.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Excellent food, delightful ambiance, super manager, waiter needs training. When the manager Chris needs to take your order, get and pour your wine and the waiter needs training, it takes away from the evening.

The biggest negative is the price of the wines! Absurd! Way too high!

Capt Makai

Reviewed 7 February 2018

While the atmosphere is great, drinks are outstanding (especially if ordered at the bar) and fusion food is so-so , Nectars best item is probable the sushi. But it is not consistent and I have had it at times when it was awesome and other times when it was just ok. With some other really good sushi restaurants in the neighborhood Nectar needs to up its game a little to compete. But it is the best Asian fusion with a full service bar.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went there recently on a busy Friday night and, even after all of these years, they still set the standard for the Philly suburbs. Service was spot on and the seasonal menu was incredible. Continuous evolution and creativity are the hallmark of this great restaurant and I was glad they didn't disappoint. Definitely go if you can!!

1  Thank eat2much83
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I LOVE the atmosphere at Nectar - I feel like I'm in the city when where this restaurant is literally in my back yard. The food, drinks and service are excellent. One complaint is the background music and I use the term "background" lightly. It is club music with a strong basis that permeates my entire body as I'm trying to enjoy my meal. I found it totally distracting from thoroughly enjoying my meal and may cause my non-return to this restaurant. It is a wonderful restaurant otherwise; it deserves some easy jazz or other easy listening music to enhance your experience.......not drown it out!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This is a terrific blend of asian cuisine and artful cooking together in a terrific setting. It's a bit expensive but well worth the cost for a special occassion.,

2  Thank Q4847SJanthonys

Been to Nectar? Share your experiences!