“pretty yummy thai food”

Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Berwyn
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 December 2016

this was pretty yummy thai food. we ordered a few different dishes (green curry, drunken noodles, penang duck, and thai basil). everything except the duck was quite delicious. the duck was over-fried and dry.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Don't be fooled by small door-front. This is Thai food as it SHOULD, be. Long time locals favorite. BYOB, take out, Pad-thai noodles, coconut based Hot and Sour soup, family's original Thai recipes.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

My husband and I ordered lots of entrees and a few mains. Not too cheap and tailored to the American Palate in our opinion.

Best part of the meal was the entertaining people at the next table!

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We have been to this little gem in the past but the food recently has become even better. The saffron crab cakes are my favorite. Tulip dumplings are light and tender. Shrimp dishes are generous with jumbo shrimp. Service is always excellent at this byo. Most dishes pair well with a good dry rose.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We stopped in on a Saturday as they were opening for dinner.

The Tulip Dumplings ($7.95) contained shrimp and crabmeat and were a very nice appetizer.

My wife enjoyed the Massaman Curry ($13.95, possibly more depending on choice of meat/seafood), letting her enjoy a good Thai curry without being too spicy. She commented that the potatoes in it were perfectly cooked.

I had the Drunken Noodle (also $13.95 variable) which was similar to what I've had elsewhere. The sauce had a great flavor. Chicken was tender. The beans and onions were crisp. Nicely done overall and very enjoyable.

But there were a few downsides ...

The water, which usually is excellent at Asian restaurants, had a bit of an off taste - not what I expected.

The service, though we were the only customers in the restaurant, was not attentive. We managed to get her to refill our water glasses only once.

She sat us by the window where there was a growing number of gnats. Thankfully we were close to finishing as they were getting worse.

Food: 4
Service: 3
Price: 4-5
Atmosphere: 2

Overall I might have given them a 3.5, but I can't give them a 4 for this visit. Therefore 3 overall.