“Benzette Hotel, watch wildlife while eating good food”
Review of Benezette Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benezette
Benezette Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Benezette B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2017

My wife and I have eaten there for about ten years. We have seen the hotel grow from a small mountain bar to a reasonable sized restaurant/bar. The food is good and reasonably priced and drinks are too. The staff is friendly and most accommodating. They have added a smoker in the past couple years and they make a mean brisket!
You can also select grilled chicken, burgers, wings, or a Pittsburgh Salad ( salad, with cheese fires, and grilled steak/ . A meal in a bowl! Wife, son-in-law , granddaughter and I were there on 4-29. Wife had hot turkey sandwich ( real turkey not pressed) son-in-law had steak sandwich, granddaughter had an elk burger( farm raised ) and I chose the brisket and passed on the $19.95 prime rib, hard decision there! All of this while watching some Pennsylvania's wild elk herd wander around. Can't beat it!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 November 2016

The Benezette Hotel offers a good selection of home cooked food. The menu
is wide ranging and the desserts are homemade on site. The food is good and service is friendly. Fish fry is very good, elk burger interesting but good. Casual atmosphere in the heart of elk country. Very crowded during rut season, reservations are recommended..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is an old hotel, but they've remodeled it a few times and it's looking really good! Their food is good and prices are reasonable. It's a great place to eat and relax after a day watching the elk. I didn't stay the night so I can't say how the rooms are.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

After visiting the Elk Visitors Center (highly recommended) we stopped here for a quick lunch. Very very casual place, built to serve the crowds that come later in the season (Aug - Oct) when there can be long lines.

We had no wait, had the elk burgers and the garlic buffalo fries (which were disappointingly just fries with some sauce poured on them). Dessert pies were delicious, service was prompt and plentiful ~ price was decent.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank KGJM
Reviewed 10 November 2015

On 11/1/15 my family and I decided to take a 1.5 hr road trip to view Elk. We decided to eat at Benezett Hotel for the first (and last) time. Immediately, I went to restroom and found paper towel dispenser to be empty so I informed waitress. At end of dining, nearly one hour later, I went back into restroom and found dispenser still empty. I, again, informed same waitress and her response was that she didn't get around to it. At least she didn't make any excuses-I guess. My wife ordered 1/2 smoked chicken which had blood oozing out of it all over plate. I am aware smoked meat may appear under cooked, but I don't believe it should be oozing blood. My wife ordered a burger instead and she had a hard time eating it as it tasted bad. The fries were stale tasting with no flavor. We had two waitresses at various times checking on us rather than one to keep things straight. When we had a question about menu items they were not very informed, but made zero effort to find an answer for us. They just said they didn't know and kept looking at us. Our check was wrong not once but twice. We were either overcharged or had extra items added on. The third revision was correct. I spoke to manager about all of this and she apologized, but did not seem too concerned just saying it was a busy night. Place wasn't overly busy when we were there at supper time. Floor under table had old food from previous guests. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benezette
17.5 km away
37 km away
Comfort Suites DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
#1 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Benezette Hotel? Share your experiences!