All reviews salad bar ocean view hotel restaurant oregon coast great view fitness room electric fireplace comfy chairs fridge and microwave waves crashing sliding door third floor indoor pool on the rocks king bed hot tub nice room
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Family of four (mom, dad, kids ages 14 and 11) really enjoyed our stay at the Adobe Resort. We were visiting on July 4 so demand for rooms was high. When I made the reservation, the clerk told me that only one room was available with two queen beds - room 130. I took the room out of desperation for a place to stay, but we were all so pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our room was gigantic -sitting area, kitchen, and large bedroom and bath - but the best part was that the sliding glass doors opened straight to the backyard of the hotel. This meant that we could walk outside and enjoy the lovely sitting areas, grassy walkways, and the beach footsteps from our room. I read my book on the patio for several hours, enjoying the sounds of the ocean waves and people-watching. The views were great, and the walk-out feature was so fun for our kids. The coast near Yachats is spectacular! A regret on this vacation is that we did not realize how good we would have it by staying in room 130 at Adobe, and that we should have spent more than one night in Yachats. Very friendly staff at the hotel as well. We would definitely stay at this property again, and in the same room.

Room Tip: Book a room that has walk-out privileges to the grassy backyard. you can book based on specific criteria if you call for a reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This hotel has a phenomenal local right on the coast. The grounds as you enter are beautifully maintained. Once the resort comes into view, you see a tired motel looking building. When we entered our room, it was spacious and the carpets looked new. The furniture was very worn looking. But when I sat in a arm chair, I went nearly to the ground. My husband has the same experience with the couch. so although there was plenty of sitting in the room -- there was no place to sit, except on the bed or desk chair. My sister and her husband had a room on the first floor with access to the shore. She said the upholstered chairs in her room were so stained, she was afraid to even sit on them. Not a peasant stay!

Room Tip: First floor rooms have access to the shore.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mondiale
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had a beautiful view on the third floor. Yes the decor is circa 1970s, and the plastic plants are bizarre, but the room was big, clean, the location glorious, the staff friendly, and it's all wonderfully untrendy. I'd stay again in a minute. The bed was mushy/the pillow hard though/not good for a fussy back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Our 3rd floor room was convenient to the elevator. We had a very comfortable bed, and the view was incredible. Listening to the surf all night is great. Dated? No, more like "classic". She's been around a while, but it is well maintained. Sunday brunch is among the best I've had anywhere. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ocean front, of course!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We arrived around 3pm and had to wait an hour before our room was ready. So we decided to go to the lounge and have a glass of wine to relax, wait for the room to be ready, and enjoy the view--it is a nice view! I was wishing they had some outdoor seating and benches around the back to sit outside. They didn't. We waited in the lounge probably 10 to 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. One waiter went by us about 3 or 4 times, with no eye contact. They weren't that busy. Finally, a woman came over, we ordered a coke and a glass of wine. It took another 10 minutes to get our drinks. Our table was super sticky, the lounge was very dated and looked neglected. I went to the restroom in the lobby area. There were paper towels on the floor, the counters, one toilet was backed up and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in about a week. I walked through the restaurant to check it out; it, too was very dated and looked dingy. Not even a hello from the staff in there. We decided to eat elsewhere. I was starting to get worried about what the room might be like. We paid about $277 for a king suite with a hot tub. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was updated, clean and spacious. The bed was super comfortable. So, all in all, we were happy with the room, but the rest of the place leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple