“Exec Ella the food”

Troutini
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Troutdale
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Troutini is a fabulous restaurant on the Historic Columbia River Highway in Downtown Troutdale. We are proud to offer a "Pearl District" feel to Troutdale without the drive to Downtown Portland where you will enjoy a memorable meal and wonderful drinks in a casual comfortable atmosphere with friendly service. Jazzy music is playing but it is quiet enough to relax and talk across the table. A live jazz trio plays every Tuesday evening from 6pm to 9pm. Reserve your spot early! All our menu items are crafted by Chef Nick and made to order with fresh ingredients. Give yourself plenty of time to relax and enjoy! Liz and Brooke use fresh squeezed fruit in their creative cocktails; and don't forget to indulge in one of Matt's specialty desserts. Weekday lunch is offered from 11am to 3pm. Brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday offering both a breakfast and a lunch menu from 10am until 3pm. Happy Hour and Fine Dining starts at 4pm. A perfect spot for Date Night or bring the whole family!
Reviewed 4 April 2017

The best grilled cheese sandwich and the hamburger was well work the price. The house salad was delicious as was the soups. Coming back again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I recently visited this restaurant while on a business trip. It was a weekday evening, there were two other tables occupied. They had a good selection of items on the menu. I decided on a soup, it was unique and tasty. For my entree I chose the Bolognese. I liked the write up on that item, Black Pepper Garlic Sausage, Bacon, Beef, Tomato and Pappardelle with Shaved Parmesan! This is normally a dish that would have the Parmesan shaved across the top, but in this case the cheese was "woven" through the entire dish which drowned out any meat flavors! I had approximately 4/5 bites before realizing that had been done! I did not finish the dish (pictured below). I did not take it to go and I NEVER send a dish back for a "redo". If you cannot make it right the first time I will not be the "official taster"....

3  Thank 4,226
Deborah F, Owner at Troutini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

What can I say other than we don't need an "official taster". I think your comments are particularly rude and people LOVE cheese and the way we make our Bolognese. Our cheese and meats, like all our ingredients are of high quality. This dish was not to your taste and I get that and I wish we could have pleased you with our fabulous food but there is no need to be that way. We would have been happy to serve you something more in line with your tastes had you told us at your visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Excellent in every area.. Great selection of really good food. Good service, atmosphere, seeing.. All are good. I would recommend this whether as group or alone. We have been here several times worth a group of ten or more.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Troutini is a fun cocktail bar, with excellent drinks. The food is also quite good, but the menu is limited. This is a place to go for a nice meal, drinks, and conversation with your spouse or friends. When it's busy it can sometimes be loud, but there are a few tables along a hallway that fit two people if the noise is too much.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing Truffle Fries Basket to go with a delicious Martini Menu. Full service bar. Their Happy Hr starts at 4 and ends at six. It can get crowded on Fri nights so get there early. Popular meeting spot for groups of friends. Lots of seating area choices, even though their small, cozy atmosphere can fill up fast. I love their modern country cabin decor and the seating area around the small faux fireplace.
You won't be sorry you went here for happy hour or for dinner.

Been to Troutini? Share your experiences!