5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 09/05/21
PricelineUS$274
Agoda.comUS$274
1,439 results
All reviews blue ox mount hood the main dining room historic hotel the ram's head bar hot chocolate breakfast buffet worth the trip gift shop the pacific crest trail great depression huge fireplace common areas year round parking lot fireplace room pool and hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Just had another awesome weekend here. Slopes are great, not overcrowded like other ski resorts, and the staff are honestly, just the best. Mikey is always so friendly & makes great efforts to make all guests comfortable, and helps us with our odd requests (dog included), and really adds a smile to all our visits. Julie in reservations helped us & was understanding when we had to cancel once. Laura saw my family & I yammering in the food line and she went out of her way to help us resolve a dessert dilemma (we luv our desserts). I don't understand some of the neg reviews about the size of the room, cancellation fee, the covid dining changes... this is an old historic hotel, you cannot expect a typical new stye room. Some of the rooms are large and some are small it depends on what your chose! The cancellation fees are clearly laid out & typical for a hotel. the guy from Lake Oswego complaining about covid dining protocols... seriously??? Paying for a hotel room does NOT mean you can have unrealistic expectations. I stay at 5 star resorts, hotels, vrbos, small old hotels, etc.... you have to be flexible and realistic about your expectations. That said, Timberline Lodge still does an EXCELLENT job. Timberline is still our favorite place to ski in Oregon. Get a hot cocoa Ram's head, the veggie chili at the wyeast lodge for lunch, dinner at Cascade, it's all good. Ski, relax, chill, have a cozy wozy time. Go pet Heidi and Bruno, that will always add a smile to anyone's face and warm your heart.

Room tip: For large rooms, get a corner room. Don't get a fireplace room when it's super windy if you don't like fires/fire smell.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

There's a whole nostalgia vibe thing. Old timey rustic woodsy resort. The property itself was really nice. I stayed here on my second trip to timberline. The first time i stayed down the road... That same first time i walked the property after summer skiing and thought i HAVE to stay here... So I did. I returned to timberline to ski and to experience the lodge!

All i will say is I spent most my time outside of the room. It was tiny. It was literally just a bed and a desk. With a small bathroom. Im a big guy... I found these rooms constricted and frustratingly small. So... I hung out in the courtyard. Caught some sun rays... Skiied. Walked the grounds. I felt suffocated in the rooms. I doubt I will return... I might go ski tho

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2021

We booked one night at Timberline Lodge for June 2021 with refund garanty by cancellation. The Lodge just charged more then 200 US$ from our credit within a few hours. Unfortunately we had to change our plans and we cancelled our reservation on December 5th. To get our money back was a difficult business. Now, after two months we get the money with help of our booking web site. But Timberline Lodge is bloccking the same amount from our credit again! What a really bad company! Never again!

Room tip: Don't book in advance!
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

We purchased a dine (2 entrees free) & stay package. We had horrible service at check-in. Mikey took a dislike to us and made us wait 2 hours to checkin. Meanwhile he and his team checked in 13 other parties early. Due to Covid, the dining room was closed so we had to go wait in line with a bunch of other people (not very safe in my opinion) to order our meals and then go back to the room and wait for our food. Then we had to tell the waitstaff what items to remove from our dining bill per our Dine & Stay package.
They didn’t get it right and when I called a few days after checkout to ask for my itemized bill, including meals, they said they don’t save that information. This was unacceptable and we will not be staying there ever again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Timberline is magical. The staff was attentive, the lodge is well maintained in pristine condition and the menus for dinner and breakfast in the Cascade Dining Room offered a good variety. The entire staff was attentive and the feather bed and down comforter super cozy.

Date of stay: October 2020