9 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$112
PricelineUS$274
Agoda.comUS$274
1,439 results
All reviews blue ox mount hood the main dining room historic hotel the ram's head bar hot chocolate breakfast buffet worth the trip gift shop the pacific crest trail great depression huge fireplace common areas year round parking lot fireplace room pool and hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

We only spent a couple hours exploring the lodge but it is worth the trip and so beautiful. Lots of history and has a good story to tell. We sat by the fireplace in the main lobby, then went to the bar for a drink and dinner. Great view of the Mt. from the bar and food was delicious. Walked around outside and lots of people skiing and snowboarding. Great place to stop for a visit, even if you aren’t skiing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable and the cabin vibe is real. If you have an appreciation for craftsmanship then you will appreciate this structure. There are many quality restaurants within the building and across the parking lot that you can access. If you’re traveling with kids, this place is ideal. Our kid had a lot of fun in the snow and in the pool.

I mention the parking because it can really make or break this experience. The welcoming email promises parking for hotel guests but this is not true at all. Every time I passed the check-in desk there was a line of disgruntled and anxious families because they had not found parking. The repeated excuse kept being that people checked out and most likely went skiing and didn’t move their car. I don’t understand why color coded passes can’t be passed out and if you’re still in the main parking lot after check-out without the daily color parking pass on the dash, you get a ticket. This would literally make everyone move their car after checking out and it would eliminate too many people starting off their trip really upset with the hotel.

Try the timberline wine, it’s amazing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2020

Perfect mountain lodge. Exactly what you picture when you picture a ski lodge. Cool common spaces with big fireplaces and couches. Our room had a fireplace that we roasted marshmallows. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. We loved it!

Reviewed 20 February 2020

We stayed in condo #8 at Government Camp. There were many great things including easy check in, nice check in people, easy to just throw out garbage at end of stay and start dishwasher, spacious condo, beds clean, liked the smell of the provided shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, easy route to timberline lodge and ski area where you could use the amenities for free like the game room small but we still had fun, great sauna and it was amazing to sit in the outside jacuzzi while it snowed. Also the food and service at the Timberline Lodge Rams Head Bar was excellent and fresh. The few problems we saw were: the closet doors were either broken or not there at all, the blinds were dirty and the showers did not look clean (bring shower shoes). The place was dated except the kitchen was more updated and we enjoyed the coffee and use of glasses and dishes. For the price, we enjoyed our stay. Under cover parking great. Bring a shovel to remove snow from upstairs balcony - the beauty of the fallen snow and peace in the morning on the balcony was amazing. I would have loved to sit in the seats and had my coffee.

Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I hate to be typing this, but our stay at the lodge was one disappointment after another. First, when I called to make our reservation, the girl on the line was incredibly rude. I shrugged it off, maybe she was having a bad day, whatever, but as a first impression that’s completely unacceptable. The day of our trip I got a phone call saying a king room was available if we wanted to upgrade, it would only be $70. I said alright that sounds good as long as we could get early check-in since we’ll be there earlier than 4pm, she said that was completely fine just to call when we were close so they could make sure it was ready. I called at 1:30pm- It wasn’t ready but it was in progress so it should be ready by our arrival. 2:15 we check in, room isn’t ready- but again we were told it should be almost done and they’d call my phone. 3:45pm, we get a call our room is ready. So glad we were able to get EARLY check-in... 15 mins early than normal check in time. I wouldn’t have upgraded! As we’re checking in, we told the guy we wanted two 4pm-close lift tickets for $39. He said great, he’d just add it to our room. From there we went boarding, had a nice dinner, drinks, etc. the next morning when we were headed to check out, our bill was ridiculous. Not only was the room over $100 more to upgrade (when the lady told me $70), but the guy who gave us our lift tickets charged our room for ALL DAY passes. Why on earth would we buy all day passes when 1.) I specifically asked for the 4pm to close for thirty-something dollars, and 2.) it was already 15 minutes to 4pm!!! I brought this to the attention of the guy checking us out and he just kept saying “sorry, idk it wasn’t me”. All he offered was $100 off our next stay.... well that’s clearly not happening! Why would we want to stay there again when our first experience wasn’t great. I’ll take the $1000 I spent and stay elsewhere. Awful experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple