3 people are viewing this hotel
US$232
View deal
Hotels.com
1,444 results
All reviews blue ox mount hood the main dining room historic hotel the ram's head bar hot chocolate breakfast buffet worth the trip gift shop the pacific crest trail great depression huge fireplace common areas year round parking lot fireplace room pool and hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

One great way to see the mountain and the wonderful view of the landscape from the top. Pleasant ride to the top with tables available to sit and appreciate the greatness of it all. There is an actual lodge there, but we were only there to ride the lift and get as close as we could to the mountain. Mission accomplished!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Visited the lodge while on a tour to Mt. Hood. It was quite impressive! I loved the large open lobby with huge fireplaces! There was tons of ironwork throughout the lodge made by very talented blacksmiths. I was also impressed by the woodcarvings throughout. It was definitely a place where I could visualize past Presidents and movie stars visiting. The current guests all seemed relaxed and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I’m not a skier or snowboarder, but I could see staying here if I were! The views were awesome!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 699allisonh
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I went to revisit a piece of my ancestor's legacy, Marjery Hoffman Smith was the original interior designer of the lodge. She was my great great aunt (refer to Wikipedia for bio). The current interiors of the lodge has stayed as true as possible to the designer's original intent with modern updates. This was a WPA depression era project so the rooms are very modest but also extremely comfortable. My dog was welcome but as I was travelling alone it did restrict some of my activities at the lodge since you can't leave your pet alone in your room and they have no dog daycare amenities (who does?). I can't wait to go back, the supper dining and breakfast brunch were both superb and the service excellent.

Room tip: Western American History, 20th Century Arts and Crafts Interior Design, Dining, Hiking, Nature
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank smokyps
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I was running the Mt Hood marathon, which started at the lodge, so it was a no brainer. I had visited the lodge several years prior, for a day trip including lunch. If you are looking for a beautiful, majestic, iconic place to stay, this is a must.

Be forwarned, however, if you visit in the summer months, there is no A/C. There was a cool evening breeze blowing, but it was not blowing through my window. So, if you need to sleep cool, be advised.

Our room was tiny, and the bathroom was smaller. There was no shelf for toiletries, so what I couldn’t fit on the sink top, I had to put on the floor.

The restaurant options are good, however, they are your only option.

Iconic, but not plush at all.

Room tip: One side offers a view of the mountain, the other the valley. Both nice.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Amazing history, a building to marvel at, gorgeous surroundings, hot tub and pool, friendly staff, great local craft beer, intimate rooms, no room 237 but The Shining plays on a loop beginning at 10:00 pm in great room.

• Trip type: Travelled solo