I arrived on Oct 17 for a 3 night stay. Greeted by a sparsely equipped almost self serve check in desk. Provide a room card and drove to the far back corner of the facility, passing a dark, strange, overgrown parking lot, adjacent to the property on my way. Upon entering my parking lot level room, I was blown away by the pungent cooking aroma leaking out of my room. I started looking around and found the entire room a dirty grimy mess. I called the front desk and Sara the manager. Sara offered to either let me find another place to stay or she would have my room re-cleaned. Since I was road weary and not in the mood to search for other accommodations, I elected to go get something to eat while they cleaned. Before leaving, I checked the linens and they appeared soiled so I also went bedding shopping.
After having dinner and purchasing sheets and a blanket, I returned back and could not find where anyone had fixed the problem. I took a washcloth and wiped over the floor, wiped the counters down and the chair, and headboard and phone. I sprayed a can of air freshener throughout the room to help with the smell, re-made my bead and went to sleep.
I was up at dawn, out on the road till late, returning with no better results to the cleanliness of my room.
Adjacent to my room was the stairwell. The garbage receptacles were tacked with food garbage for 3 days.
When I checked out, there was no one to speak with. I did contact Extended STays website and Sara the manager called back and promised to refund my money. I waited 2 weeks and still no refund. I emailed her back and she promised that the refund was coming...that was almost 3 months ago.
I did contact and complain to the corporate office but they did not even respond to my complaint. There are MANY other choices in accommodations...pick any one and it will likelky be better and CLEANER.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Homestead Tigard / Lake Oswego. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studio suite rooms featuring a fully-equipped kitchen. Our studio suite rooms provide the comfort and convenience our guests value most including a bedroom area, fully equipped kitchen, dining and desk area. We invite you to view floor plans and take a virtual tour of our Studio Suite and our Deluxe Studio Suite rooms below. Note that the actual room layout may vary slightly depending on bed type. Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Tigard / Lake Oswego Hotel Tigard
- Extended Stay America Tigard
- Homestead Suites Tigard
- Homestead Tigard
- Tigard Homestead Suites