All reviewsbusiness parkoffice parkstarbucks locatedfront desktypical courtyardparking lotsleep qualitymaintained hotelstarbucks coffeemarriott hotelsnice lobbyconvenient locationlight dinnerhot tubcomfortable stayrooms are cleanbreakfast included
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Stayed here two nights February 19 - February 21, 2018 for a nearby work conference. This hotel has some nice pluses; nice lobby decor, good location off I-5 interstate, comfy beds, Starbucks located on the ground floor, Keurig Coffee Maker in the room and friendly desk staff. Negatives; housekeeping - my room wasn't vacuumed adequately and there was a used Q-Tip under the bathroom sink (my co-worker had a Frito Corn Chip on her floor), my bathroom sink drained slow, noisy heater in my room, no extra blanket, odd dining issues. The hotel boasts room service but there is no menu in the room and when you call the front desk to ask for one, it promptly arrived but the items have no prices listed. Worse feature - nearby train!
The hotel is "adequate" but lacks those little extras to make a person feel comfortable. Would I stay here in the future? no.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer and like our brand new beds. Hopefully you also enjoyed our new "Smart" TVs too!
I am, of course dismayed at the housekeeping service that you received. It is not remotely the kind of service we are known for and I have already addressed this with my Housekeeping Manager and the staff so that this will remain an isolated incident.
I am sorry that the train was a problem. I grew up with trains so to me they are a lullaby but I do understand that not everybody feels that way. I hope it didn't interfere with your sleep.
I would like the opportunity to have you stay with us but understand if the train is a deal breaker. Fortunately, there are lots of Marriott options in the area and I am happy to provide that information if you would like should your travels bring you back this way.
Thank you again for your time.
Liz Sibert

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The good news is the bistro is nice and the staff is usually good. The bad news is the hotel is horridly maintained.
Upper soap dish missing in shower. So instead of putting a tile piece over it or replacing the tile they just put clear caulking over it and let black and green mold grow underneath. This does not happen overnight. Totally gross they should never rent a room like this. Just small oversite? No it seems the owners were waiting on replacement parts not just in this room but for many rooms
The bath rooms have squeaky faucets and air conditioners load and lots of vibration.
Oh no need for a wake up call as the random train passing by will blast you out of bed.
For a courtyard property this is a bad value.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. We value our guests opinions as they help us to continually improve our services and pinpoint areas that we need to be aware of.
I'm so happy that you enjoyed our Bistro and staff and have shared your comments with them which made their day.
Regarding the soap dish, we do have a few -not many but even one is too many- that have broken off just recently and should have been fixed right away but the replacements we received were the wrong color. While waiting we needed to cover with something so that if there were any sharp edges they would not be exposed. All should be fixed by this weekend and I'm sorry we were unable to make that happen during your stay. I agree that it is unsightly and definitely not up to our standards.
We had a few air conditioning units that despite our best efforts developed some issues and I'm happy to report that we have replaced the offending noise makers.
As for the train, I grew up with trains nearby and their sound is a lullaby to me. I know I am probably in the minority and I'm sorry that you didn't find them quite as melodic.
I do hope you come visit us again so that we can show you our recent upgrades of new beds and Smart TVs. Our guests seem to really like them.
Thank you again for your time and honest feedback.
Liz Sibert

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Convenient location for traveling around the Portland area. Hotel was fine. One problem - the train whistle woke me up in the middle of the night. It is my understanding that the train schedule varies, so this may not be an issue each day, but I can't afford to lose sleep. If you are a very sound sleeper, this, of course, may not be a problem.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely lobby and very comfortable beds. We had a great time in the pool, and the pool towels were lush. I was surprised that the sink was cracked and the makeup mirror was broken for such a well maintained hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We like the Courtyard at Tigard. Close to Portland w/o some of the extra $$$$ issues of staying downtown. The bad news last night was one of the worst night's sleeps we have had in a long time. Sort of retro Motel 6 mattress. Woke up with a sore back. Good News...They were replacing all the mattresses in the hotel today. Only question why wait so long? Last time, last year it wasn't bad at all. The other good news. The Bistro in the hotel is probably overlooked by many. We have had breakfast there twice and the service and food was excellent. We should have eaten a light dinner there last night instead of fighting traffic and crowds!

Room Tip: Recommend West side rooms, better view and away from freeway
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple