Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Comfort Inn
Agoda.comUS$116
eDreamsUS$116
TripadvisorUS$116
Lol.travelUS$144
All reviews front desk room was clean king bed stay there again waffles the breakfast area easy access nice stay small room free breakfast parking lot kandi inns mcdonalds terry hallway microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2020

I enjoyed my stay at Comfort Inn. I first spoke with Tammy at the front desk. She was very kind and passed me along to Terry the manager who was very successful in booking me (I even ended up extending my stay for another night as I was able). When I arrived at the Inn I was greeted by Candy who was very attentive during the duration of my stay. Tammy was helpful towards me overnight as well. The room was very comfortable and clean and had a nice setup. I was happy to have the option of good decaff coffee. The TV was a decent size and the trees outside my window were very pretty. I liked the fresh, sweet smelling tolietries. I liked the look of the cafe and the available food options. Mandy the housekeeper (I believe is her name) was very persistent in her work and Olga the housekeeper was very diligent. and safe as they wore masks and gloves. All staff wore masks and were adequately covid protected in my opinion. It was a worthwhile stay. :) Dog happy too.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 2 July 2020

The hotel seems fairly new and is within easy access of the highway as soon as you come into town. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, and for the most part clean. I say "for the most part" because, after walking on the floor without my shoes, the bottoms of my feet were filthy. There is a small play area for kids near the parking lot and a dog walk; if there is a pool or gym the person at the desk didn't mention it. Desk staff was super friendly. I'd stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020

We have a relative in long-term care in the Dalles, so we've made several trips there in recent months, and have stayed at the Comfort Inn each time. So I've become quite familair with this place, having stayed in at least six different rooms here. It's an older hotel, and it could certainly do with some updating and freshening up. But it's not terrible by any means. The staff has always been very nice, and since we almost always have our dogs with us, it's nice that the place is dog friendly.

Pros:
-Free breakfast, including hot things like waffles, eggs, and sausage. Typical small hotel buffet, but clean and well stocked.
-Nice, friendly staff.
-Rooms have always been clean.
-Most of the mattresses have been firm, although one room had older, sagging, lumpy ones. I think some have been updated, others not.
-Basic amenities in the room, like a small refer and microwave.
-Plenty of hot water.

Cons:
-HUGE con is that the walls in this place are paper thin. You can hear whatever's going on in adjacent rooms, including snoring, sex, loud TV and phone, shower running, etc.
-The fiberglass tub/showers have to be the cheapest units ever manufactured. Literally every one we've had creaks like crazy when you stand in them.
-Heating/cooling units have thermostats that don't work.
-There's no elevator. If you want a second floor room, plan on hauling your stuff up the stairs.
-The dog area has a lot of stickers, and the poop bag dispenser is empty about half the time. And while this isn't the hotel's fault - people, whould you PLEASE have the decency to clean up after your dogs!!

On balance, this place is best described as adequate. Good in some areas, not so good in others. But The Dalles doesn't have a lot of choices, and it's not a bad place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2020

This is a pleasant property with very nicely updated rooms, a pool, good breakfast, and staff who made me feel like a good friend instead of simply a customer. Kandi especially went above and beyond during check-in to accommodate my travel needs, and ensured a nice stay.

I will make a point to recommend this hotel to friends and fellow travelers, and will stay here again when I am next in The Dalles!

Thank you again Kandi and all the fellow staff!

Date of stay: January 2020
Terry U, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Thank you pjamoreno, what a wonderful review. This will be shared with Kandi and all of our staff. And, thank you for telling everyone about our hotel with the most-ess.

Have a good new year, Terry

Reviewed 29 December 2019

My wife and I reserved a "1 King Bed, 1 Room Suite" in an older Comfort Inn that was very well kept up as are most Comfort Inns that we stay at. However, this Suite was only as large as you could have a King bed and a Twin sized hide-a-bed, a very small room. I think that we would have had more room in a double queen room. The two hassocks were difficult to store with the sofa sleeper opened up. Since I have a bad back and have a need for a firm mattress, I usually sleep on the floor using the pad from a rollaway bed or sofabed as was the case here. The sink placement can be pro or con as it was in the hallway rather than in the bathroom. The quirky part of this room was that there is a push button wall phone next to the toilet. I also liked the pull out clothes line in the shower area. They have kept up with the times in their renovating. I had a laugh at the 40"+ LED TV in this small room but did appreciate the upgraded TV. The breakfast area was small but they had most of the amenities I usually see at Inns, including a waffle maker, eggs, and sausage gravy with biscuits.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Jim E
Terry U, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

I love your review and comments. The TV is a 49", lol. Please, next time let us know the room design is not working for you. We would like to have you in the double queen room if a better option. Those bathroom phones are a bit out of the box, was wondering if time to retire them? Come visit us again!