“What a pleasant surprise!”

Nellie's Deli &Tap House
Ranked #1 of 5 Quick Bites in Sutherlin
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Nellie's Deli is a gourmet style take out or dine in. Seasonal outdoor seating. Family friendly, dog friendly. High quality ingredients and fresh baked bread. Now serving beer on tap and some local wines.
Reviewed 8 September 2020

After spending the day driving from Nevada to Oregon, I was famished. Staying in Sutherlin (because there wasn't anything anywhere else available, but that turned out to be okay). My mental bar was set pretty low, considering how small Sutherlin was. I did not anticipate finding such an awesome dinner in a cute little deli. The dinner special was listed as Blackened New York Steak topped with herbed creme fraiche, served with sautéed rapini and mashed taters.
It was unbelievably good. From presentation, to temperature, to flavor....all excellent. The Chef even came out and asked me what I thought about it (which was a very nice touch). The rapini, not a common "side" if you will, really set off the meat. The combination of slightly bitter greens and almost sweet smokey flavor of the meat was great. It was just good. And for dessert I bought a bag of brownie bites (for $3) that lasted me 3 days. And they were excellent as well. The deli has a low-key decor and outdoor dining (with a garden). Pretty cool.
If you find yourself in Sutherlin, check Nellie's facebook page and see what the special of the day is. In my opinion, you will not be disappointed. I would definitely go back, again and again!!

Date of visit: September 2020
469nelliee, Owner at Nellie's Deli &Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Thank you for the great review. Happy you enjoyed your meal.

Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed 22 August 2020

Went in here on Thursday the 20th of Aug 2020 around 745pm. I seen the look on the kid's face in the back. It was the face of "dang, a customer as we are closing?" so i guess this kid who made my salad wanted to show me who's boss. I ordered a Thai salad, as the kid behind the counter said it's "awesome.com" so i went with his recommendation. I got my sald and looked at it, and it sure didn't look like 12 dollars worth of salad. looked like some lettuce, some cut up mandarins on top, and some peas. Hardly not 12 dollars worth of salad. I worked hard for my money, i do NOT like wasting it on lettuce. What am i, a rabbit?? The salad was about 90% lettuce and 10 percent other junk to make it look cool. Never again! I may go in for a sandwich or send someone to get my sandwich as i would be afraid they would give me the same treatment they did with the salad. Unacceptable and quite possibly the worst salad i've ever encountered.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank Jordan K
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

The food was great and a fair price. Service was also great and everyone is friendly. Will definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 5 November 2019

Been there several times for dinner and lunch. Outstanding food and atmosphere. Will definitely go back!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

I stopped in on a whim and ordered a rueben sandwich , looking forward to the house braised cabbage and a Russian dressing with a kick (as I was told). The amount of cabbage was so small we couldn't taste.it and the Russian dressing appeared to be omitted and there was mayo.

Date of visit: August 2019