“OK-OK-OK-OK- Enough Already!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I am sooo tired of this Outback Location unwilling to give you their nationally advertised specials. You see something advertised on TV and think to yourself that it really would hit the spot. You go in there with exactly what you want to order, how much it is going to cost and then everything goes sideways. It has happened to me twice and it will NEVER happen again.
It was a sunny Sunday afternoon, my husband and I had been moving out of a storage unit all weekend while living on random snacks. We finished our job and he was ready for a steak dinner. The 4 course special at Outback sounded like heaven. We could relax and enjoy a nice dinner.....that is where this outing just slid off the road.
We were seated and handed menus. There was no mention of the 4 course special anywhere - nothing - nada. The waitress came by and acted clueless so I decided to try to educate her by showing her my iPad with the special documented on the Outback national website. HELLO ..... it is not my job to train their employees. I have personally owned and operated 6 businesses over the past 30 yrs. As a woman, I can sympathize with employees that are trying just to survive the day. She seemed a little rattled but took our order for the special and everything coasted along until the bill was delivered.
Drumroll please - there were multiple overcharges and after we questioned the waitress
the manager shows up at table very defensive, like we were in the wrong. He then proceeded to go into a long rambling presentation, at our table,
on why financially he can not honor national promotions. As I was about to start in on my own personal presentation on good business practices with rule “#1 The customer is always right and never purposely embarrass them in front of other customers”, I noticed my husband giving me the look of “let it go”. At this moment, I started getting flashbacks that this same thing has happened to us at this same restaurant and that is why we have not been back for 5 years. Bottom line - we got the special for the advertised pricing but never, never again.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

When I went to this place in Eugene I was expecting to have food as good as its advertised on tv and I was a bit disappointed with the quality of their steak... it wasn’t fresh , I could tell it had been frozen prior to being cooked because of the texture of the fat , which changes when you freeze it any then thaw it to cook it. The steak wasn’t bad but it wasn’t worth what they charged . I am not likely to return.

1  Thank alaraco40
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We were on the road returning from a trip to California and had dinner here. The waitress greeted us nicely and took our order. We ordered a Blumin Onion that came quickly, but it was soggy inside, but we still ate half of it. We ordered a steak and shared it. It came with several options of sides and we selected a caesar salad and mashed potatoes. The salad was dry, that is not much dressing on it and the mashed potatoes had specks of the peel in the mashed potatoes. The server said, Oh thats the way they make em. This was our second visit to Out Back in 20 years and now I remember why it was 20 years since the first time.

1  Thank bertm284
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The food was so good, great portions and the cocktails were to die for. The service was very good as well. It was a very busy Saturday evening but we hardly had to wait on anything.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We hadn't been to an outback in a while. The service was good, we were seated quickly. The food was good and our waitress was very attentive.