“Just OK.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I was on a business trip to Eugene/Springfield, and Outback was located around the corner from my hotel. I have never been a fan of these chain type steakhouses, but went there out of convenience. I had a wedge salad (which was very good) and the prime rib (which was quite sinewy and tough to cut through). Although I ordered it medium, it came out quite rare. I ordered it with horseradish sauce, but it was served without. I waited for 15 minutes to ask my server for the sauce, but he never came to the table until he delivered the bill. Outback fulfilled my mediocre expectations, and I will try to avoid in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Quick team dinner upon arrival to Springfield. Took at least 5 min. for hostess to greet us and not a lot of customers dining this evening. Food is ok.....not what I remember from this establishment. Steak was good but a bit expensive for the overall quality. There are other local establishments that are better for the $$$.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not a steak aficionado but do partake on occasion especially at top grade steakhouses in places like New York.

I normally will not order steak in chains since I have been almost always disappointed.

But this place was within walking distance of my hotel so I took a chance and I'm glad that I did.

This is a national chain place and typical with a bar full of TVs showing football and such.There are no tablecloths or any other similar amenities.

But the service was brisk, friendly and knowledgeable. The noise level is low enough to allow conversation without yelling.

Sam Adams beer is available as well as other regular beers and some wines.

I started with the potato soup which was excellent along with the hot bread.

I took a chance and ordered the 6 ounce filet mignon and it was cooked exactly as I requested and was as good as any I've had in the top rated restaurants.

For a chain I was very pleasantly surprised and will return.

The steak was on the expensive side but of very high quality.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We found this to be a clean, pleasant place to dine. The staff was helpful and friendly. The food was good. I have some dietary restrictions and was still able to have an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We seem to always get a good meal at Outback and this time was no different. We even ordered non-steak items this time, including the salmon and loved our meal. Warm bread, nice dessert choices and great service.