US$110
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$121
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Village Inn(Springfield)
ComfortSuites
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$71
All reviewsfront deskbest featurewafflesthird floorwould stay here againbiscuits and gravyfree breakfastking bedpleasant stayclean roomsroad tripsamanthaeugenefreewaymaintenancefrigprotein
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We reserved on-line and paid in advance on an “non-refundable” rate. When we arrived we understood why they push the “non-refundable” rates. The name, “Quality” may have been accurate 50 years or so ago when this old dump was built but its not quality now. Its over due for a complete refurbishment.

The hallway carpet is so filthy it has turned dark gray and stinks of 20 year old tobacco smoke. The elevator doors clank and hesitate. They are obviously worn out. The elevator lift mechanism makes noises apparently from worn out rollers and guides. Are we risking our lives taking the elevator? Finally as I was going back and forth to my car with luggage leaving, the elevator gave a loud CLANG and stopped between floors. After a short while I was looking for an emergency notification method when it gave a lurch and started up again. WOW! Is is safe?

One old ice machine on each floor is not keeping up. We had to go down the street to a convenience store to get ice for our drinks. We were eventually told by another guest that the ice machine on the 2nd floor actually works somewhat, and guests can occasionally get some ice there. Not adequate.

Our room looks like it was repainted at some time, but the ceiling still has their 1960s “popcorn.” The room heat/AC unit has been upgraded to a digital controlled unit that was adequate. The only one chair in our room looks like it's 40 years old and dirty. The tiny bathroom has an old round style pot, not adequate, but a nice long style toilet would probably not fit. The old bath tub is so 1960s. Does anyone take a bath and not a shower in a hotel today? Its non-skid is gray with some kind of permanent stain. They upgraded to a nice shower nozzle, but the tub/shower drain doesn't work. When taking a shower you end up standing in a deep tub of your own dirty water. The shower curtain rod was updated to a curved variety, but some previous guest broke its attachment, and that wasn't fixed either. Not adequate.

Their cheap service policy advises that they only provide clean towels when you check in, unless you chase them down and ask for clean towels. Someone staying for 3 days is expected to use the same dirty sheets and towels for the whole stay. Day 2 we asked for and got new towels but room not cleaned. Day 3 we asked maids for and got room cleaned with new towels. Day 4 we asked maids for room clean and towels. We came back later and maids gone but our room not cleaned. We asked the front desk to have our room cleaned and new towels when we left for the afternoon. We returned tired at 5 PM after a long day, and room not cleaned nor did we have clean towels. We complained at the front desk and finally a clerk brought some towels at about 6 PM, but no wash clothes. She said that all their wash cloths are in the laundry. My wife had to go ask them again later, and we finally got some clean wash cloths at about 9 PM. No clean sheets were provided. NOT acceptable customer service.

They have upgraded the room furniture with a computer table, and a combination frig, microwave, drawers, and TV piece. Again, it's designed to fit into a very small room. The refrigerator actually works and keeps our sodas cold. Some prior guest had turned it to “MAX” cold and it froze my soda. Light fixtures are newer and more modern. They worked and so did the TV.

This place has an outdoor swimming pool and a guest laundry. Before we arrived my wife spent 20 minutes trying to phone to ask if they had a guest laundry. She started with the Quality Inn web site, and after 20 minutes of computer “Push 2 for this or that” she finally got to talk to a person who told her that they don't have a guest laundry. So we stopped at another place to wash our clothes before we arrived at the Quality Inn. Count that as a black mark for their corporate customer service. They won't give you the phone number to let you call the individual hotels, and their central office doesn't know what is available at each. Bad customer service.

Their breakfast bar includes sausages and cheese omelet eggs. Biscuits and canned “gravy” are there along with bake it yourself waffles. My sausage was cold. The biscuits were also cold. The toaster was broken and not replaced. I learned only to use the two right hand slots. The butter was kept in a little refrigerator. It was too cold to spread on my toasted bagel.

The location is convenient. One quick turn and you are on the Eugene beltway and down town or across town.

This hotel was Barefoot Friendly.

Room Tip: If you can afford the hotel next door, go there.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Tia G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

To Our Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am saddened to see that your experience was not up to your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will use every bit of your feedback to make improvements in our service and property. Again, we greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Staff was very friendly. Room was very clean but on the smaller size than most hotel rooms. Bathroom was really small but had everything that you need. Room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot in the room (a plus!). Breakfast was great with lots of choices from hot and cold selections. They had eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuit and gravy, waffles. cereals, muffins, bagels and more. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an honest review of your stay with us! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will be sharing your kinds words with the rest of our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Not a lot of high brow places to stay in this neck of the woods. The checkin was ok. The hallways in this hotel smell dank and my floor had a window open with a box fan going. The air conditioning didn't seem to really work, fortunately the weather in the area didn't seem to get above 80 otherwise it would've been a problem. I was really tired from my trip and subsequent work in the area so the bed was ok. Not a great bed by any stretch. The fridge worked good, the tv service was decent. I would ask for a room that isn't on the first floor. This hotel allows animals in the rooms in addition to having smoking rooms which is quite frankly disgusting in this day and age. Breakfast downstairs was surprisingly good. The bar is set low when I discover the company has me booked in a Choice Hotel, so it was a nice surprise. I wouldn't spend my own money to stay here, but to each their own.

Room Tip: Ask for the floor with nonsmoking/pet free rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

To Our Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use this information to continue to make improvements at our hotel. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

They went out of their way to accommodate our needs. When we stopped by to see how early our room would be available we were told we could check in immediately and it was only 9am!!

We have 2 cats and the room was perfect, they prowled around and there was nothing they could get into that was breakable or harmful.

There was a substantial choice for breakfast both mornings, eggs, meat, sweet rolls
, bagels, biscuits and gravy, coffee.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Blocked air registers, no toilet paper in room, when asked "they don't have any" Never been to a hotel w/o toilet paper. Room stunk. Dirty. I got Bronchitis sleeping in this room. Wi-Fi streaming BAD.

Room Tip: Do Not go Here
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Alaina H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

To our valued guest,
Thank you very much for writing a review about your recent stay. I truly appreciate getting your feedback so I can make improvements to the hotel. I would like to speak with you more about your stay, if you have a free moment if you could please contact me at (541)726-0465 or via email: alainar@inncline.com. I truly apologize for your experience and I hope that we get another chance to welcome you back and ensure you have a better stay.

Alaina Harrison