“They need beef ribs”

Hole in The Wall Barbeque
Ranked #18 of 183 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The food is really good. But they need to put beef ribs on the menu. They are a bit over priced. The portions are good and I always have a to go box.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Came here about 10:15 on a Friday morning. We have been here before and the food has always been good. I especially like their smoked meatloaf sandwich or platter special that they make on Tuesdays. It is truly amazing! Today will be breakfast since the lunch menu does not start till 11am.

It was not very busy and we were seated right away. There are quite a few seating options, from high back booths to large tables, to bar seating. They also have a full bar.

We placed our orders and were served in a timely fashion. All our meals were delicious.

They make and sell their own BBQ sauce. We have seen them at BBQ competitions and they have been locally recognized for their BBQ. This is a good place to go for some tasty BBQ!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We took our adult children to the Springfield HITW for dinner on Sunday night. There was only one server but he kept up by moving rapidly. Half the sections were closed but he allowed us to move away from the booth tables which had only enough room for thin people. I had the pulled pork sandwich which consisted of bun and pork with nothing like onions or such on it. A selection of sauces with color coded tops (but no labels) was . The server mentioned “Our original coffee based sauce” in one of the squirt bottles. Since I don't enjoy coffee that probably explains why I didn't like their sauce.

The waiter was very accommodating. He adjusted the menu options to fit our needs and desires. Reading the other reviews it may depend on who is working today.

The pulled pork was tender and tasty despite the meager presentation. My wife had a meet platter. It had enough meat to cover about half of he plate, but was enough for one person. She also got a salad with crisp lettuce and croutons. They also gave us corn bread muffins with some butter spread in little individual tubs that I found difficult to open.

This restaurant is barefoot friendly.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We were in the mood for BBQ and several people said we HAD to try Hole in the Wall BBQ for the best in town. So off we went but boy were we disappointed.

It is easy to find and parking was good. Walked in and the place was empty but it took almost 15 minutes to get seated then another 12 to get drinks. The waitress looked like she'd been working days on end, wasn't interested in making suggestions and looked perturbed we had interrupted her day.

Prices are high for what you actually get. Portions are small. The meat was dry, tough, bland and hard to choke down. Their fries are decent, however. Sad that they were the best part of the meal. Veggies had the consistency and flavor of straight out of the can.

I chose to take my meat home and doctor it up into something more edible. The kids were disappointed as well. After spending over $60 for two kids and myself with shoddy service and mediocre food, we will not be returning and continue looking for better.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Took my parents here for Mother's Day brunch. Disappointment is all I can say. I'm not big on any kind of buffet because people are gross and touch things with their hands they shouldn't be touching. The first spoon I pick up to scoop food from the Schaffer dish....had a long hair wrapped around it. I had a hard time eating much after that. I've had lunch here before and it was great, so if I return I will only order off the menu if there is a buffet.