See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2021

This hotel is 6 months old and the furniture is stained and the finishes cold and hard. This is not a cozy hotel. We had a room on the highway side and we told the front desk that it was as if our bed was on the highway in the emergency lane. I did not sleep at all, nor did my husband. Could not get out fast enough in the morning. Poor front desk guy was untrained and fumbled around but extremely friendly and accommodating. I was a bit shocked that he was wearing a t-shirt and baggy pants. Not professional. The PTAC machine was malfunctioning (33 degrees outside) so you were either freezing or sweating as the thermostat was already broken. The toilet paper holder is already falling off the wall, the showerhead was so loud it sounded like it was run by lawnmower. I have never seen such a heavy entry door, better get to the gym before you come to open and close the door. We could hear every conversation in the hall, in detail. I am surprised this is a Hilton hotel, I could never recommend this to anyone and Hilton should be ashamed for allowing such an ugly design to the room.

Room tip: Just dont stay here, between the road and the lack of care for sound transmission, its a loser
Date of stay: February 2021
PDXSH PDXSH, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sherwood Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate every survey we receive good or bad. We will utilize this to help ensure we are training our staff correctly and our Maintenance department is keeping up to date on maintenance request. The Hotel has purchased white noise machines to place in all the rooms on the highway side of the hotel. We are also looking into getting another layer of glass installed on the windows to help with sound reduction. We hope the next time you are in the area you will be able to stop by and give the new enhancement a try. Also we are working on getting a hot breakfast to serve our guest.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

We love Hampton Inns and choose them whenever possible, this one came up as new and they had a good rate for an overnight stay back home. The hotel is new, so new that the pool is still unfinished, but with covid, I guess there is no need to hurry on that one. The rooms are nice, spacious and have the familiar Hampton feel, the bed was super comfortable and the room was spotless clean. Breakfast wasn't the best, but I guess it is what it is right now.

The only drawback, which was HUGE for us is Hwy 99 and the bad windows. The noise from the road was crazy loud, almost like sleeping in a tent next to the highway? I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the windows, but it felt like single glasing? This side of the hotel needs triple glasing at a minimum to drown out the noise. Both me and my husband slept with industrial grade ear plugs and could still hear the roaring of the trucks going up the hill. Not a good nights sleep.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank Jesena
Lauri Wallin, Sales at Hampton Inn Sherwood Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The all-new Hampton Inn Sherwood / Portland offers all guests spacious rooms and suites, indoor pool (now open), fitness center, business center, snack shop, refrigerators, extensive work spaces and more. We are minutes from the world-famous Oregon wineries including Blakeslee Estate Vineyard and Alloro Vineyards, as well as dozens of others. Portland and the Portland International Airport are only 30 minutes from the hotel. Your feedback allows us to identify how we can improve to exceed all of our guest's expectations. Please note that noise-cancelling window sealers have been added to all rooms. We hope that we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with the superior services and accommodations available at our beautiful property. Safe travels!

Reviewed 27 October 2020

Overall, we were really comfortable at this hotel. The hotel just opened a few months ago, so everything is clean and new. The bed was comfortable and so was the chair. We loved the writing table that you can push across the lounge chair making a perfectly comfortable work station. I wanted to take the table and chair home, I liked them so much. Perfect set up to work on your computer while watching TV. The internet worked well and so did the TV. There is free parking behind the hotel. The staff was very professional and friendly.
I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast but at least we received some breakfast items which is better than nothing during the pandemic.
We were able to reserve a specific room online ahead of time, which I appreciated. As light sleepers we picked a room on the top floor, overlooking the parking lot. It was mostly quiet, but around 10pm the family next door made a lot of noise for about an hour. The hotel has fairly thin walls, like most hotels in this price range,. If you are unlucky enough to have noisy neighbors, you will definitely hear them. After an hour of screaming, squealing and jumping kids next door, we were just about to call the front desk when our neighbors finally went to sleep and we didn't hear another sound for the rest of the night. Not the hotel's fault of course. My personal opinion is that hotels should reserve a "quiet" floor for business travelers and those looking for a peaceful night's sleep. but I realize that realistically, that will never happen. I don't understand travelers without consideration for their neighbors. We used to travel with 6 of our own children and didn't let them go nuts in the middle of the night.
Anyway, the neighborhood surrounding the hotel was very quiet and felt safe. The weekend we stopped over, there were violent riots every night in downtown Portland. We noticed nothing like that in Sherwood. Lastly, we thought we could drive to the hotel quickly from the I-5 corridor. The hotel is easy to find, it's right off 99 west. However, 99 may look like a fast route on the map but that street has lights every block. It takes a long time to drive down 99 west.

Room tip: choose room overlooking the parking lot
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank California_momofsix
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

Our room bordered on 99w, and with a stop light nearby, there is a lot of road noise. Ask for a room on the parking lot side if possible. Otherwise, It is new hotel and all my expectations of a Hampton were met.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lauri Wallin, Sales at Hampton Inn Sherwood Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay as a guest of the newly-opened Hampton Inn Sherwood / Portland. All guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, FREE breakfast, WiFi, refrigerators, indoor pool, business center and fitness room. We are within 30 minutes of Portland and Portland International Airport. We are surrounded by Oregon's most spectacular wineries including Blakeslee Estate and Vineyard and Alloro Vineyards as well as dozens of others. Our staff and management team are committed to providing only the highest levels of services and accommodations. Thank you for letting us know how we can continue to exceed your expectations. Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Fantastic weekend stay at this hidden gem in Sherwood, Oregon. The brand new sleek modern rooms and Lobby provide an atmosphere of comfort, style and elegance suitible for both business and pleasure stays. The entire staff is attentive and accommodating to the guests' comfort and needs. There is one staff member who shines the brightest and has ensured that myself, our team, collegues and associates will always be staying at the Hampton Inn of Sherwood Oregon when in the Greater Portland area for both business and pleasure visits... THANK YOU JENN... YOU ROCK!

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lauri Wallin, Sales at Hampton Inn Sherwood Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the newly-opened Hampton Inn Sherwood / Portland. Our staff and management team are committed to providing only the highest levels of services and accommodations. All guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, FREE breakfast, indoor pool, snack shop, fitness center, business center and more. We are minutes from Oregon's most spectacular vineyards including Blakeslee Estates Vineyard and Alloro Vineyard. Thank you for letting us know that Jenn was instrumental in ensuring that your stay was special. We are only 30 minutes from Portland and Portland International Airport. Stay and play! Safe travels.