“Great place too eat”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Very good food. Waitress and Waiter very nice. Can eat outside in deck and watch the people canoe or raft by. We started out there but moved inside cuz it was too hot for the little one. It was not a problem for them.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (184)

Reviewed 20 August 2020

Food was good. Portions not bad. It was really warm inside of the restaurant so we got our food to go. Prices not bad.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 8 August 2020

As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we noticed things were tense among the wait staff. There were only three (that we could see) trying to cover service both inside and outside on the patio. There were no dedicated host/hostess...and it took a LONG TIME to get seated. Our waiter tried his best make us comfortable...but you could clearly see he appeared tense...(the whole staff appeared to be...not just him).
The restaurant's location was wonderful...right on the Rogue River! So it truly has beautiful ambiance.
My wife ordered a Chicken Chimichunga...I ordered the lunch plate with a Beef taco and enchilada (with refried beans and Spanish rice).
First of all, the enchilada had no enchilada sauce...it was more like a taquito. The meat sauce was okay...but I've tasted better.
What blew me away was...the refried beans and Spanish rice. The beans appeared to be gray in color...overly "whipped"...and without flavor. They were awful. The Spanish rice was meagerly seasoned and mediocre. I"ve tasted much better.
I ended up leaving about half of my food on the plate.
I truly think MIguel's at one time was much better than this. I see from previous posts that others have had a much different experience that we did. For us...the restaurant failed to live up to the hype.

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank TheWide-eyedTraveler
Reviewed 25 July 2020

The food is ok. The view is great. FYI - Chili Rellenos listed on the menu are not what is served. What you get is a egg omelet with a slice of canned green chili and a little cheese. Yuck. Travel to Mexico a lot and never had a green chili omelet passed as chili Relleno. Stick with something easy like a burrito. lol.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 20 June 2020

Decided to try this place and glad we did! Our combination of chili releno and enchilada was excellent and Jennifer our server was great! Would go back again!

Date of visit: June 2020