1,974 results
All reviews ocean view wall bed best westerns hotel restaurant oregon coast king bed first floor front desk staff top floor beach front great room get away hot tub staff was friendly off season cannon beach spring break
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I've wanted to be able to take my Great Danes to run on the beach for so long. Racheal at the front desk was completely accommodating and professional. Even though in some doggy tips, treats, and poopy bags. The room was perfect for having furry friends. Wood floors. Ocean view. Very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend staying here and having Racheal get you set up.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mark H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Kaleb,
Thank you for this AWESOME review! I am glad Racheal was able to take care of you! We hope to see you again soon! Mark & Team

Reviewed 11 September 2018

What a nice hotel! Clean, friendly and right on the beach!!! We had a wonderful stay and beautiful view of the ocean. Our room was more than we expected; it had a fireplace, mini kitchen, couch and beautiful view, we could hear the ocean too. The room was super clean and comfy - very much appreciated. We look forward to visiting and staying here again. THANK YOU for taking pride in your property, it shows.

Dear Christina,
Thank you for this EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you telling the world about your experience with us and we appreciate you! You are now family so we expect to see you back here soon! Mark & Team

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Last weekend we went to Gearhart to visit friends, see the Wheels and Waves car show, and play golf. We are frequent travelers and chose the Best Western Plus because this hotel was highly recommended. We were not disappointed in the least.

The check-in process was quick and efficient, the front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. All of the hotel staff and management were friendly and helpful.

Our room had a king-size bed, kitchenette, fireplace and a balcony…as well as a beautiful view of the ocean. Our room was very clean and the maid service was efficient and thorough. They even left a small bag of salt water taffy for a treat.

There was a café on the first floor which was very convenient and where we ate breakfast and the food was great.

The hotel is on the ocean and walking distance to Seaside via the Promenade or side streets. There are numerous attractions within a few blocks…great restaurants, shopping and lots of things for kids to do.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Denise,
Thank you for this GREAT review! We are so glad you could make it down for the car show and, more importantly, to visit friends and play golf! We appreciate the kind words about the staff! We hope to see you again soon! Mark & Team

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Other reviews of this hotel are a classic example of how misleading they can be. Pictures of the hotel are misleading as well. Rooms are dated and cleanliness is a big issue.
When we arrived we did not get an ocean facing room which I had requested during the booking. Due to high season hotel was charging us $300 for a night. Beds were full of hair when we checked in. See picture. Door to the balcony was jammed. When we complained the lady at the reception did not make any attempt to help. She was eating at the front desk and was simply not bothered. Breakfast was chargeable but was cold and of poor quality. I had booked for 3 nights but we ended up leaving early. We were on a family trip and this was a first stop. Hotel and its staff totally spoiled our experience. While checking out I spoke to their front office Mgr and told him about our stay. He just stood there and did not apologize or do anything to recover. This was the icing on the cake. Will never return and would advise people to go elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear phoenixmarcus,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us. It is our goal and promise that all our guests have are satisfied with their stay. It seems we dropped the ball regarding your stay and for that I apologize. I hope you will contact me at 503-717-1970 so that we may speak personally about your stay. I have reached out to you personally as well. Sincerely, Mark Hopman, General Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Bed is uncomfortable in king size room, no complimentary breakfast just a “very reduced” price after taking room at last minute at basically full price. When I made a complaint to the front part that’s person they just stood there and looked at me. Made no comment and then called me rude. I wasn’t and he just stood there and then said come back and talk to me. Yet he didn’t move. What a slacker. And someone who should learn customer service skills. All I said was I was not happy . He made no attempt to make me happy . Noisy due to car show weekend as well.

1  Thank Gina H
Mark H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Gina,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us. At all times, our goal is complete guest satisfaction. We failed in a few areas during your stay and for that I apologize. I hope you will contact me at 503-717-1970 so that we may speak personally which is always better than trading exchanges over social media. I hope you will give me that opportunity. Kindest regards