“Great place on the beach”

Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We visited on 1 November 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the room was large, clean, and very comfortable. It had a fireplace and a balcony and was on Boardwalk of Seaside with the beach right in front of you.

Staff were very friendly and the price was reasonable, would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I along with our Niece stayed at the Best Western Ocean View Resort in October 2011 and we had a wonderful time here. Located right on the Boardwalk with a fantastic view of the beach, my wife and I have consistently been returning here for much needed R&R.
Besides the wonderful view of the ocean, they also allow pets. We always look forward to returning here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the BEST view of the Ocean
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our 1st wedding anniversary at the hotel. The service was wonderful. My wife hadn't been feeling well the night we were supposed to check in. I called the front desk and was assisted and given all of my options. When we arrived the next morning it was like everyone knew us and made us feel welcome. I have always enjoyed staying at this location for its view and rooms and now I can add the excellent front desk help.

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views and the hot tub rooms are great for relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

You walk in the room and it is cozy and smells fresh, open the patio door and hear the calm rush of waves as they hit the shore. I have not slept so hard and peacful in a very long time. I woke up refreshed and walked along the beach. The food was excellent. The hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant. I am planning my next trip and will be back to Best Western Ocean View Resort!! I highly recommend for anyone, couple or any family!

Room Tip: Just ask the helpful staff what time of room you would like; they are very accommodating. I asked f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I am disgusted with the owner and staff of this hotel. In my personal opinion I feel that they are rude and horrible people. I recently got married at this hotel and I feel that I was lied to and disrespected at every turn. I was told that they would provide chair covers and a 4 hour bar but 6 weeks before my wedding I was told by Janice, their new catering manager (they have had 3 within 2 years which should have been a sign for me to go elsewhere) they would not honor that promise. I was told at that point I could have out of my contract due to the catering manager that promised me these things no longer works there. At this point I had no choice but to continue at this venue because other venues were already booked and invitations had already gone out. They repeatedly mentioned that I could have out of my contract and it was brought to my attention that they were displeased with the size of my event. I feel like they didn't feel that my smaller wedding would be profitable enough so they wanted me to go away. As my wedding date neared I could not even speak with Janice because every time I did I would end up in tears. In my personal opinion I feel that they tried their hardest to ruin my wedding. The tableclothes were wrinkly (not just crease lines). The board out front had the wrong last name on it for our event. The staff left the carving station unmanned and guests had to cut their own meat. I feel that the hotel smelled awful like they have a plumbing problem. We used a lot of scented candles and flowers so the actual space we were in was tolerable but the lobby and elevators smelled horrible. The staff kept turning on the lights even during the longest married couple dance. It wasn't even 9 o'clock yet and I feel that they kept telling us to get out by turning on the lights which was completely disrespectful. My wonderful Aunt who was my wedding planner did such an amazing job that despite all of this my wedding turned out beautiful (I cannot credit the Best Western for this). I will not do business with this hotel or any Best Western in the future which I find really sad because it's where we were married. Would a happy customer post a negative review? A wedding is such an important event that I wanted to share my story with other brides who are considering this venue.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Leila J
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

I am truly sorry you feel this way. The review, however is untruthful. The Wedding Planner stated to me personally and in writing that "everything was beautiful". The review targets two people (the owner and catering manager) which violates tripadvisor's rules for travelers when writing reviews. It is regrettable that this channel has been chosen to make defamatory comments. I welcome personal dialogue and invite you, once again, to choose that path. Thanks for your consideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
0.3 km away
0.6 km away
River Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
#3 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!