“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaside
Seaside International Hostel
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We had a very pleasant 3 night stop here. Seaside as a place doesn't really have much to offer but it is a quaint place feeling very much like an English seaide town and being on a 6 month trip it was nice to find somewhere that was cosy, safe and where we could just relax. The hostel was great offering free pancake breakfast and a well equipped kitchen with the best free food shelf so far! (its nice when a hostel has herbs and spices for guests use) It is not a party hostel but that suited us fine. Our room was great, clean with an en-suite.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seaside International Hostel

Reviewed 28 June 2010

My husband, 6yr old son and I stayed at the Seaside Hostel for 3 nights. We are experienced hostelers, having stayed at hostels all over the world both as singles and as a family. This definitely rates in our top 10 for us.

If you arrive expecting hotel or motel-like accommodations you are bound to be disappointed. However, if you are ready for a clean, inexpensive place to stay SUPER close to the beach then this is the place for you. Ruth & Don (hostel managers) did everything (and then some!) to make our stay pleasant and fun.

The money we saved through the lower cost of accommodation (including our dog - who was thrilled to be staying with us), preparing and eating 2 meals a day at the hostel and not having to kennel our dog, made it possible for us to be a bit extravagant in other areas (like have two pricey dinners out!).

I loved that the kitchen was outfitted with cast-iron pans (you have to know how to cook with cast iron...not teflon!), cloth napkins for use, and that they were actively recycling too. My son loved that he could feel at home in the common areas and play outside ...not like being at a hotel at all...Thank Goodness!

My only caveat - the beds were a little short! We are tall and our feet hungover. Also, be warned that there is no air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan and two windows that open however no cross ventilation. I imagine it could get pretty toasty in mid-summer.

This really is a great HOSTEL....not a hotel. If you are looking for immaculate rooms with 800 thread count sheets and a fully-modern kitchen...don't stay here. However, if you want a cozy and friendly atmosphere close to the beach with a real family touch, this is the place for you in Seaside. My family really enjoyed our stay...we are planning on returning next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank IsagenixBeliever
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I'll start with the good things. The location is close to the beach and on an estuary. The hostel rents kayaks and they have a fire pit. The bad parts are the linens and kitchen supplies are desperately in need of an upgrade. The pot/pans are very hard to cook in. Half of our meal stuck to the pan. The blankets given to us were old and torn. My sister woke up with her foot through one of them. For the cost, I think they could easily bring it up a notch.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stayed here for a couple of nights, and it was a good resting spot for all the traveling I'd been doing. Nick at the front desk was very helpful and a great conversationalist. A great atmosphere for having a fun/chill beach hangout. Very picturesque area, with tons of stuff to do and see. I recommend staying here, and am looking forward to getting back myself! Happy Travels!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I traveled with my son, daughter-in-law & 2 young grandson's (2 & 4). Had a GREAT time. The boys loved it. The common area in the back that overlooked the river even had a toy box which surprised me. How many places can say that? Not that expensive. I would have liked a tad closer to things but hey, it was a great place non the less. I would most assuradely go back!! Even by myself, in a dorm room!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family