Ocean Front Motel
City Center Motel(Seaside)
Inn at the Prom(Seaside)
The Gilbert Inn(Seaside)
View Hotel
All reviewsour ground floor roomgreat view of the beachwould stay here againjudyprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked the room for Saturday on the Thursday before. We did not know it was the Hood to Coast weekend at the time we booked. Since the room was available that close to the relay I assumed it would be hot and cold running cockroaches but for $113 for the night, I figured I would just have to lump it. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised. The room doesnt offer any frills, bring your own shampoo and such. But it was clean. The bed was firm and comfortable. The coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator worked fine. The shower is large and has fantastic water pressure.Things to note: When I say right on the beach I mean it. The sidewalk was 3 feet from our window! The room we stayed in had a double and a dorm twin. My husband is 6 '1" so we ended up sleeping in separate beds so he would not hang over (he slept diagonally on the double). We will definitely stay here again since we really only need the room for sleeping. I think I would prefer a second story room next time, with a bigger bed!

Room Tip: Right on the beach means it. Window is 3 feet from sidewalk. Be sure to ask about the bed size since some rooms have double beds.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rhonda_Henderson
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The saying "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more well said. The rooms are very outdated which I soon realized was part of it's charm. I looked out our lower floor window (see picture)and knew we made the right choice for our family. We didn't come to Seaside to sit in a motel room. We came to play on the beach and walk to the shops. This motel had easy access to both. With the lower price, we had more money to play, dine, and shop. We will stay again.

Room Tip: The lower floor rooms have great views but also have many travelers walking by. Will try getting second floor room next time.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Teddfamily2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Just returned from a short 1 Saturday nite stay here and I have to say for the price we paid I was pretty impressed for the location and the view. Funky and old but so are most of the other hotels in the area and priced at least $50.00 less for the night we stayed than the the hotels on either side of The Ocean Front Motel. We had a queen unit #4A which was on the ground floor directly on the promanade. The down side of the ground floor is when the curtains were open anyone passing by on the promanade was basically at eye level. They only had heavy blackout curtains on the huge ocean front window so sheers would have been nice to at least partially block any prying eyes. Located about a block from the turn around and directly on the beach makes this place worth every penny we paid. The room had a coffee maker, microwave, small fridge and a TV. They only provide a couple of small bars of soap but apparently have sample size toiletries for sale for like .75 cents if you need them in the office. Within walking distance to everything in downtown Seaside. Very basic and completely no frills and no nothing luxury but comfy enough as you probably arent going to be spending much time in the room with that beautiful beach right out the door.

Room Tip: Bring all toiletries and blow dryer if needed
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mazatlanbound
Reviewed 7 April 2011

The room had mold in the shower, with no water pressure, my kids ipod was stolen out of the room when we had even said we did not want maid service, there was a used condom under the bed, and we had to ask for the cooking supplies that were supposed to already be in the room. The front desk and manager were very rude.
The only positive thing was we could see out of the corner of the room to the beach.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything in the room take it with yo.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2010

This was our second visit to the Ocean Front Motel and has become our favorite spot at the ocean. Great views, clean rooms, and fabulous staff. Will continue to stay at this motel whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple