“It may need an AED....”

Tres M Catering & Events
Ranked #157 of 616 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Description: A french inspired bistro focusing on scratch made food using locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. Offering made without gluten, low sugar, low card and dairy free options
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Decent food (savories, sandwiches), inconsistent service, better bakery, poor parking. Not sure this place can survive. There are about 3-4 places to park along the street, and a company that doesn't want parking next door....a really tough place to make a business work. There are some snafus here....that would weaken a place in a great location. But in a dubious location, they could prove fatal. I have probably ordered 20-30 sandwiches, I would give them a C/C+. Pastries a solid B+/A-.

But here is one example of an issue. They have potato salad. Really good potato salad. But it is hard to get it (sometimes impossible) unless you order it as a side with a sandwich!! If you sell out, sell out. So there are some strange policies, and some of the wait staff are still learning how to sell the place & themselves. It will be a tough fall, hope it works out.....

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I have been seeing the post on Facebook and getting this mouth-watering craving for her French dip so my friend and I went in for it. So very impressed with it in the macaroni and salad was to die for. Very cute very personable friendly great place. The service was amazing really love the way a server Miranda suggested the French dips and that's funny cuz that's what we came for

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I'd read several glowing reviews of Tres M and seen many mouthwatering pictures prior to my visit, so I was ready to be impressed. I love supporting locally owned businesses, especially restaurants. Unfortunately, I was completely underwhelmed by my dining experience, as was my friend. We met for a late breakfast and the selections on the menu were either really eccentric and sweet or heavy and savory. I do love sweet and savory options for breakfast, but they all seemed so decadent. It was difficult to find something that was middle of the road. I opted for the "croque monsieur casserole". It contained items like sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, cubes of potatoes and slices of deli ham topped with poached eggs and a few strips of Swiss cheese. It was such a strange presentation. It was served in a bowl/dish, and it was very watery with all of the elements just sort of piled in there. When I imagine a casserole, I think of the ingredients all being sort of bound together but this was very soupy and sloppy. I think there was a sauce on top to start, but it sunk down and mixed with all the excess liquid and disappeared. It was sorely lacking in flavor and I added quite a bit of salt to try to help it out. The croissant that it was served with was pale and underdone, chewy. It was not golden and did not have a crisp outer layer, as is typical of a classic croissant. And sadly, our coffee's were extremely weak. I got an Americano, usually nice and strong, but it was totally watered down. My friend said the same of her latte.

I would like to say that the restaurant itself is really clean, open and has nice seating areas. Lots of natural light in a fun location. The pastries in the case look delicious. And, I am willing to come back and try their lunch menu as the lunch options do look quite nice. I just don't think I'll come back for breakfast again. Sad, because I was hoping to love it.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Tres M Bistro is a bright new star in the downtown Salem dining scene. The bistro features a creative, tempting breakfast and lunch menu in a lovely French inspired atmosphere. The food is beautifully prepared and served by a friendly staff. A real dining treat!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Enjoyed our veggie wrap and croque monsieur. Very friendly service and engaging owner. Was expecting stronger/richer coffee. BONUS: They serve Bundaberg ginger beer from Australia. Impossible to find in the U.S.

Date of visit: May 2016