See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were travelling through Salem for one night and didn’t want to spend a lot for a hotel room so we picked the Knights Inn. It’s a very old property near downtown Salem. I wanted to give it a one star but to be fair the staff were pleasant and my husband said he enjoyed the shower. ...But I wouldn’t exactly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
knightsinnsalem, Webmaster at Knights Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comment. I am so pleased to see our staff's efforts helped in making your visit a memorable one. I will be sure to share your compliments with them. It is very unfortunate that we did not create that positive experience to inspire a return visit.We appreciate the time you took to write your feedback. Thank you for your review.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE. Booked the room through Hotwire Hotrate and was compared to La Quinta. Not even close! Room flooded with standing water and the manager would not give a full refund! Avoid this place at all costs!!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

What you get here is a room with beds to stay in. There isn’t anything more beyond that. I’d say the rooms are fairly average and comparable to other inexpensive accommodations. The location seemed quiet enough.

I experienced a few issues. First, the reservation information was incorrect on arrival - both the number of nights as well as the rate. Second, daily housekeeping was inadequate in that the coffee and cups were only partially replaced/restocked on just one of the days. Third, because the initial reservation information was incorrect, I was overcharged for the stay. Contacting Wyndham/Knights Inn support got it corrected after a few days.

I wouldn’t rate this location as terrible as some other reviews here indicate, but I think there are better places to stay in the Salem area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017

A complete dump. The first time l had to clean a room due to the filth.
Ants crawling all over.Broken mold scented refrigerator.Towels could pass for sand paper.
This is a place for tweeters...
If your on a budget and okay with a Section 8 decor this is the place for you.
But if you curious about bedbugs this location is fabulous study.
Do not stay on the bottom floor rooms very noisy.
Leave you luggage in your car so that you don't take the little crawly creatures home with you.
The only upside...the homeless folks that take breaks from the heat under the stairwell are kind.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I like the front desk customer service, the woman was very friendly. The first problem I had was the phone wasn't working but it was quickly replaced with another one.
The other problem was the dresser drawers, one was missing the handle and the other drawer front was completely broken off the rest of the drawer.
There were two other drawers to use but I let them know so they wouldn't think I did it.

They are removing the pool and will cover that area with cement. The wifi is only reliable if you go to the lobby.

This motel is good for the basics, the room was clean, bed was comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2017