All reviews black beans department store fred meyer boiled eggs one night stay would stay again freeway sauna cereal microwave convenience conference
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Crappy service, cigarette burns in the blanket. When I called to let them know they said the kept “imperfect blankets from the switch from smoking to non smoking. So they’re aware. My key card kept not working in the door. Check out was a nightmare because she kept answering phones and answering questions and not putting them on hold to finish my checkout. The staff were cold and unfriendly. Would not recommend

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We were staying just one night on our way back home and found this hotel last minute. The outside looked a little run down but we’ve stayed in places that look worse. We waited for about an hour for our room to be cleaned and ready for us to check in but, when we did it was not clean.

First we noticed the smell, musty and like smoke (in a smoke free hotel). The interior was dated with chips in the door and paint. The bathroom had stains along the baseboards and one of the faucets was loose and spinning the wrong direction. Seeing this we checked the beds. The sheet on one bed had an area about the size a piece of paper that was stained, the pillow case in the other bed had a dirty spot, and the blankets were frayed around the edges.

We immediately started calling other hotels and found a Best Western with one bed available. We preferred to pay the higher rate and share a bed than risk staying in an unclean hotel room. At least they were nice about the refund.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2018

If you care about your personal safety then do not stay here!!! They face out my name and room number to someone when they should have asked that person for my name and room number! He could have been someone I was running away from or worst!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Close to the freeway and the Fred Meyer department store, yet quiet and comfortable, the Days Inn Black Bear in Salem is my first choice for convenience and comfort and service. Their attention to detail makes my combination business and pleasure trips like a retreat in which I can focus on the business of the moment.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2018

This hotel is awful! Super sketchy people all over the grounds, Ants over running the bathroom, our room was dirty, the walls were incredibly gross, sheets were dirty/stained, the internet did not work at all and it was one of the most unsafe places i have ever stayed in. Oh, the a/c didn't work either.

• Trip type: Travelled with family