“Fresh and Flavorful ”

The Kitchen on Court Street
Ranked #20 of 587 Restaurants in Salem
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We had a difficult time finding an open restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. Just happened by and there was a parking spot so we tried it. Everything on the menu is served 24/7. There is a wide variety of items,I had the Smoked Salmon Benedict that was served with a bright homemade verde sauce and poached duck egg. Simple food like a grilled cheese and fries did not disappoint as well as a steak salad with a vinaigrette that my husband found filling and with the steak perfectly seared. We were already planning our next trip to try our second choices. The interior is charming and was sparkling clean and inviting. Good food, good service, little pricey but the fresh ingredients make it reasonable.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here several times and have enjoyed every breakfast. Sitting outside when it’s warm with our dog makes for a fun time. I love that I can get delicious pancakes or something spicy like a Bloody Mary. Open 24hrs a day. You can’t go wrong here.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Ambiance not so much...noise level annoying, crowded tables...
Having said that....Kitchen is our go-to place for breakfast, we have done an occasional lunch and dinner a few times. The service is uber-friendly and pretty fast considering how busy they are.
They make some interesting cocktails....the coffee is really good.....BUT it's all about the FOOD. Huge portions. Quirky twists on old favorites. Prawns and Grits, Biscuits! I am a Southern girl and love my grits and they do them a little differently - but YUMMY. The Southern Benedict! Nice job on the Cuban Sandwich - although not your Mami's Cuban...no genuine Cuban bread available...as I said - the menu can sound ordinary - but every item seems to have their own signature. Most Salem restaurants can be so ho-hum...so it's why we keep going back.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Where to go when you want breakfast for lunch on a workday? Kitchen on Court! To be fair, they also have a full menu of other great foods, but seriously, how can you not love a place where you can get some over-easy eggs at 1:30 pm on a Tuesday?!?!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I was referred this place as one of the better restaurants downtown, Salem has to offer, and boy was I mislead! The $17 steak was charred, yet undercooked at the same time, and the sides flavorless. I'll never eat at this place again

Been to The Kitchen on Court Street? Share your experiences!