“Not so wild”

Ranked #2 of 613 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Had lunch here during a stop in Salem. The food and service were solid, but I had expected something extraordinary from some of the reviews. Instead, the "Wild Pear" is more like the "Mild Pear." It's good and inoffensive. There's nothing particularly innovative or special or that you haven't had before. I ordered the BLT with avocado, and it was good, but again, nothing extraordinary.

In short, I'd recommend the Wild Pear, but not if you're looking for something special, unique, or even just out of the ordinary. The kitchen does what it does quite well, but what it does is nothing new.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The place is great, fun, yummy and it really made me feel happy and I appreciated the presentation of the meal.

ManyThanks1, Owner at Wild Pear, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! Your words inspire us to keep on doing what we are doing. We appreciate and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Got some sandwiches and salads for take out. The service was good, the food was alright. Its great for a quick grab. Not sure it's anything to brag about.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

This was our second time stopping here for a bite to eat on the way from Bend to Portland. The staff were once again great and our food was just what we had hoped for. I had the quiche, but I suspect most items on the menu would be outstanding.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We picked up sandwiches here to bring to Bethel Heights Winery. I highly recommend the tuna salad sandwich - capers and not too much mayo. Delicious!

Been to Wild Pear? Share your experiences!