“Really Very Nice”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ferry
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The chef obviously takes pride in his work! The appetizers were original and delicious and the sea bass was equally remarkable. Attentive and polite waiting staff combined with a fairly quiet and stylish decor made the evening a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Went with a friend for dinner last week and even though I hadn't been in about six months it was still excellent. Try the brussels sprouts salad, it's remarkable. A terrific variety and meals and beverages. Worth the price.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I went here with three friends for the first time. The restaurant was freezing!! I have an allergy to garlic and asked right away what dishes can be prepared without garlic. There were very few options. I ordered the classic flat bread. They brought out my friend's pasta dishes and then told me the flat bread could not be prepared without garlic. I was very annoyed that they waited until my friends got their meals to tell me. It was poor customer service and possibly even intentional because at that point we couldn't really go elsewhere. Very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Four of us (women) were first to be seated in the room where we ate. Waiter dropped off menus, brought water, promised bread. Then another group was seated and a couple. Since Legislature is in session, maybe the couple were "important" people because they (and the 2nd table) got all the attention. In fact, their orders were taken and their wine served before our wine orders were taken and promised bread arrived. (The flatbread with garlic oil was EXCELLENT).
Waiter finally took our order after lavishing more attention on other 2 tables (especially the couple). When our orders arrived mine was incorrect and had to be replaced.
The watier did quickly splash water in our glasses on his way to and from the other tables but never asked how our food was nor if we wanted more wine, although he repeatedly checked on the couple and brought them more wine. As he cleared our plates he asked hurriedly "Any interest in dessert? No? Here's the check."
Overall the waiter was inattentive and abrupt but also patronizing as when one of us asked if a certain menu item was breaded and his answer was "Of course not. That would ruin it."
Had I been the one hosting the meal I would have called the waiter on his poor attitude and service but didn't want to embarrass the host. It was a shame that the evening went so poorly because the food, itself, was attractive and very good.
(Later one of the other women said to me that the waiter had treated us as if we were peons. She was spot on.)

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We had a nice semi-private room near the back of the restaurant. The staff were very friendly and focused on our every need. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was very conducive to conversation. Great downtown location for theatre-goers or just a night out. Tasty round of desserts for everybody to try made a perfect ending to our evening.