“Up and coming -- you'll hear more about them”

Bryn Mawr Vineyards
Ranked #32 of 85 things to do in Salem
Reviewed 19 July 2015

Our driver knew of this winery, and we visited based on his recommendation. Thank you, Danny! This was a beautiful and friendly place. One son was pouring the wines, so we got to hear about the family and how they came to own the winery. We got to hear about the things they tried and how they had found a great winemaker (whose husband also works there). And then we got to taste the wines. Pretty much everyplace we went had a rose and some pinot noirs. Many had chardonnay. This place branched off and poured all of those, plus a Tempranillo. I'm a big fan of Spanish wines, and wouldn't put this one in the same category as those hot-climate wines, but it was soft and flavorful and a great chance to try something new. I hope they keep making it.
All in all, a wonderful time and some good wines.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Owner did the tastings and shared information about the winery. Loved the wines. Up in the hills with pretty views nearby.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The atmosphere and view at this winery were virtually unbeatable. Inside the tasting room is cozy yet spacious. Outside one has an incredible view of mountain ranges and vineyards into the distance as far as the eye can see.
The wines we tasted, after paying a significant tasting fee, were quite good. Stylistically they reminded me of wines made by Italian or French wineries. More specifically, the fruitiness seems to be downplayed, while other characteristics of the grape were more clearly evident. Very enjoyable.
The hospitality was initially extremely convivial. My thought was that this had to be one of the friendliest wineries I had every visited. Ultimately I came to the realization that the friendliness was due to the fee that each taster paid (there were over 10 persons in our party). My recollection is that we each paid $10 to taste the 4 or 5 wines presented. Our understanding was that the fee would be waived if a certain minimum number of bottles was purchased during the visit. We gladly bought 4 bottles of wine (at $30 per bottle), 2 for my spouse and 2 for me. We thought this would allow one of our fees to be waived. Unfortunately, we revealed to the server that we were each buying two bottles of wine. Hence, no discount. If either one of us had paid for the 4 bottles we could have saved the tasting fee. Call me a dummy, if you will. Call me cheap, if you will. But, you might also form a similar negative opinion about how this winery does business. The characteristics of the wine that resembled those of the foreign countries previously mentioned didn't ultimately translate to the grace with which this winery treats its visitors. Would I drink their wines again? Certainly, though these wines might not have quite the memorably pleasant flavor had the staff been a bit more gracious on our visit to the cash register.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent the day wine tasting. The larger wineries had a very cold feeling. we felt very welcome the moment we walked into the tasting room. we were seated at a table and given munchies. We were served by the owner, his wife, and children. And the wines were some of the best we have had.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This winery was recommended by the server at another winery. We weren't disappointed. We took our picnic lunch with us, enjoyed their tasting, bought a bottle to drink, and relaxed on their patio. The owner/winemaker came out to visit with us during our stay. We loved every wine we tasted and sent some home. This is a small gem that will someday be large. Go discover it before everyone else does if you can.

1  Thank Charles S