“Refreshing drinks and decadent dessert”
Review of Amadeus Cafe

Amadeus Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amadeus Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 616 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I came here with a few friends mid-afternoon, looking for a drink and maybe dessert and this place had just what we wanted. A couple of us had a marionberry mojito (I think?) that was awesome. I ordered a brownie sundae for dessert. Wow it was rich and delightful! Our waiter was very personable as well. Haven’t been for dinner but I’d like to sometime!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I made a reservation for 5 people on a Wednesday night. Specifically noted that we had a visitor from England who would be dining with us. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready even though half the restaurant was empty. They seated us in the very back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. Worse yet, it was a glorified picnic table with benches, no backs and barely enough space for 5 small people. Waitress came after some delay and took our drink orders. Four of us ordered the shrimp and bacon risotto. Minutes later our waitress came out to tell us that there was only enough risotto left for 2 orders! Really, on a Wednesday night at 7pm? Two of us hurried to find an alternative. We wanted our guest to have what she ordered. Food was OK but unremarkable for the price. Really disappointing all the way around. We won't return.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I went with a large group and while my choice didn’t wow me I tasted others that were really good so I’d reccomend this restaurant ... the atmosphere is in an vintage shopfront and charming.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Hubby and I decided to give Amadeus another chance - after 4 years. Had a bad experience in 2014 related to making reservations for New Years Eve.......

However - we were not disappointed this time around. We made reservations at opening time on a Saturday night. Sat in one of the alcoves of glass right at the front, Only table occupied for about 45 minutes. Amadeus had done a nice face-lift since we were last there to a more "fine dining" elegance. Entrance covered by a red velvet drape - interesting twist..topiary above an imposing wood service station right in the center of the room, comfortable dining chair seats, nice ladies room. Krystina was our server. Knowledgeable, efficient, professional but friendly and never rushed us. We ordered almost everything on the menu under small plates - AND - most everything was happy hour prices. Craft cocktails were FAB! I had the Kentucky Mule, the Bubbles and Sunshine, and to finish - the Spanish Coffee - done the traditional way with caramelized sugar. Highly recommend the Fig Tarts - the absolute best thing we had that night - we are FIG Fanatics.The tostones were delish. Hubby had the Boulevardier - I tasted it - and it was delightful. Great creative Brussel Sprouts dish - a bit undercooked - the only negative in all the meal - but the sauce was so very good - we ate them all anyway. Everything we tasted was done executed very nicely - The grand finale was the Creme Brulee CAKE! OMG,,,Finally, these two little piggies went Oink, Oink all the way home.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Went with family whom had all never tried Amadeus. The menu was awesome as it had a paleo section and was broken down into sections. The drinks were all amazing with options like Marionberry and elderberry. The food came out quickly and very fresh. The Korean short ribs were melt in your mouth. Unfortunately the butternut squash pasta was oily and lacked flavor and the kimchi was too spicy for a few people that tried it. The pizza/flatbread had traditional and artisanal options. The popeye got a little soggy after being plated from the pesto. The brisket was mushy and small portion. A huge bowl of creamy polenta topped with the shredded brisket and frizzled onion, the meat was hidden and not the star of the dish even though the flavor profile was good. The paleo salmon was fresh and tasty. Overall everyone really enjoyed the food. Average $20 plate.

Date of visit: April 2018