“Nice menu”
Review of Amadeus Cafe

Amadeus Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amadeus Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 616 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I went with a large group and while my choice didn’t wow me I tasted others that were really good so I’d reccomend this restaurant ... the atmosphere is in an vintage shopfront and charming.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Hubby and I decided to give Amadeus another chance - after 4 years. Had a bad experience in 2014 related to making reservations for New Years Eve.......

However - we were not disappointed this time around. We made reservations at opening time on a Saturday night. Sat in one of the alcoves of glass right at the front, Only table occupied for about 45 minutes. Amadeus had done a nice face-lift since we were last there to a more "fine dining" elegance. Entrance covered by a red velvet drape - interesting twist..topiary above an imposing wood service station right in the center of the room, comfortable dining chair seats, nice ladies room. Krystina was our server. Knowledgeable, efficient, professional but friendly and never rushed us. We ordered almost everything on the menu under small plates - AND - most everything was happy hour prices. Craft cocktails were FAB! I had the Kentucky Mule, the Bubbles and Sunshine, and to finish - the Spanish Coffee - done the traditional way with caramelized sugar. Highly recommend the Fig Tarts - the absolute best thing we had that night - we are FIG Fanatics.The tostones were delish. Hubby had the Boulevardier - I tasted it - and it was delightful. Great creative Brussel Sprouts dish - a bit undercooked - the only negative in all the meal - but the sauce was so very good - we ate them all anyway. Everything we tasted was done executed very nicely - The grand finale was the Creme Brulee CAKE! OMG,,,Finally, these two little piggies went Oink, Oink all the way home.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Went with family whom had all never tried Amadeus. The menu was awesome as it had a paleo section and was broken down into sections. The drinks were all amazing with options like Marionberry and elderberry. The food came out quickly and very fresh. The Korean short ribs were melt in your mouth. Unfortunately the butternut squash pasta was oily and lacked flavor and the kimchi was too spicy for a few people that tried it. The pizza/flatbread had traditional and artisanal options. The popeye got a little soggy after being plated from the pesto. The brisket was mushy and small portion. A huge bowl of creamy polenta topped with the shredded brisket and frizzled onion, the meat was hidden and not the star of the dish even though the flavor profile was good. The paleo salmon was fresh and tasty. Overall everyone really enjoyed the food. Average $20 plate.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Centrally located in downtown Salem. This is a fun restaurant and a great gathering place. Bar specialties to die for. We had a retirement party with a large group and they accommodated us nicely and even split the cos for ease of everyone. Two thumbs up.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Wondering around downtown Salem looking for a dinner place, we happened upon the Amadeus cafe. The restaurant was pretty busy which is a good sign, so we stopped in and was seated quickly. Our server brought over two glasses of water right away and we also ordered some cocktails. The cocktails were brought over in timely fashion and she went over the specials with us.

My co worker order the special while I ordered the duck breast as I love it. I asked for it medium rare and then also ordered a house salad. The house salad arrived quickly and it was fresh and delicious. I should mention that it was actually pretty late and we both were very hungry. Our dinners arrived in decent time and I cut into my duck breast and was disappointed that it was more medium to well vs medium rare. I was really hungry and took a bite and found that it was very good. The server did come back quickly and ask if it everything was alright and I explained to her that the meat was not done to temperature, but I was so hungry I didn't want to wait for them to take it back and cook another. The dinner was still good, but could have been so much better if it was cooked correctly.

Date of visit: February 2018