“Great ambiance, great martinis!”
Review of Amadeus Cafe

Amadeus Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amadeus Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 602 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Centrally located in downtown Salem. This is a fun restaurant and a great gathering place. Bar specialties to die for. We had a retirement party with a large group and they accommodated us nicely and even split the cos for ease of everyone. Two thumbs up.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Wondering around downtown Salem looking for a dinner place, we happened upon the Amadeus cafe. The restaurant was pretty busy which is a good sign, so we stopped in and was seated quickly. Our server brought over two glasses of water right away and we also ordered some cocktails. The cocktails were brought over in timely fashion and she went over the specials with us.

My co worker order the special while I ordered the duck breast as I love it. I asked for it medium rare and then also ordered a house salad. The house salad arrived quickly and it was fresh and delicious. I should mention that it was actually pretty late and we both were very hungry. Our dinners arrived in decent time and I cut into my duck breast and was disappointed that it was more medium to well vs medium rare. I was really hungry and took a bite and found that it was very good. The server did come back quickly and ask if it everything was alright and I explained to her that the meat was not done to temperature, but I was so hungry I didn't want to wait for them to take it back and cook another. The dinner was still good, but could have been so much better if it was cooked correctly.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here. Staff were friendly and kind. We got our orders promptly and my wife loved her dish. My dish was not to my liking. The taste and smell for me was off. Disappointed, but understanding that everyone's taste is different, I just didn't finish my meal. Our waitress was right on it and asked if they could do anything and really wanted to make it right. Long story short, they didn't charge me for my meal. Their customer service just locked in a customer for life. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Our Son had been here before and made a reservation for our Thanksgiving dinner. While 3 of the 4 of us chose a Turkey dinner, I chose duck and we were all pleased with our choices. The wine selection was good and we had a very enjoyable dinner. I am sure we will be back when we are in the area again.

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Just returned from an anniversary dinner at Amadeus Restaurant, right here in Salem. This was our first visit, and we will be back! The service was lovely - they observed we were there for an occasion and congratulated us when we arrived. It was busy for a rainy Thursday night, but we were seated quickly, and our waitress appeared within a few minutes. We ordered an appetizer (the name escapes me - it consisted of crispy fries topped with sauteed mushroom, caramelized onions and Tillamook cheese curds - then the whole thing is put under the broiler. Talk about comfort food! Yum.) Our entrees were equally delicious. I stuck with grilled salmon, while my hubby tried their gonzo hamburger that's topped with an insane amount of beef brisket. Not for the faint of heart...or any heart, really! But it was very good. As far as ambiance goes, we lucked out and got a table in the front near the window. I think if we'd been further back, it might've been uncomfortably loud. But the decor is spot on; kind of a hip industrial look. We'll definitely be back.