“You can have it made just for you”
Review of sushikyo

sushikyo
Ranked #212 of 586 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Have been here numerous times, and each time, it's been very good! I think the whole conveyer belt idea is neat, and it's fun to look at the different selections and not be obliged to take them. The cool thing too, that we didn't realize our first time, is that if someone 'swipes' what you wanted, or if you see something fried, but want it hot, you can ask the waiter/waitress to have it made fresh for you. Also, if you see a roll that's on the menu, but not on the belt, they will happily make it fresh for you!

Reviewed 24 February 2015

Went here as the final dinner on my trip to Oregon, and I really liked this.

This is a conveyor belt sushi place, but the items are rotated fairly frequently, so you don't have to worry about getting old food. The items are on different color plates, and that indicates how much the item is. You just stack the plates you took by yourself so the server can calculate how much you owe.

The Salem Roll is the star of the show here. It's fried, but oh so good. If you stop by here, I highly recommend you try that one.

The fish here is fresh and all the food here is good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I live close, so I visit this Sushi Kyo location 1-2 times a week!
I love that you can sit and watch the selections go by and choose what you want or order as many as you want. Great for beginners to find out what they like and cheap enough to not break the bank finding out what tastes good, without getting stuck with 9 more pieces of a roll you think is yucky. 3-4 piece selections go around the track on colored plates, the plate prices are indicated on the walls. I have eaten sushi for years now and Momijis on Commercial is great for days when you're feeling classy, but I do love the taste and relaxed atmosphere here the best.
I can go with friends or go alone and enjoy my time, everytime. The service is never super though, the girls do their best to keep your drinks filled and take your orders, but the gentleman server there is usually oblivious to anything you want & you have to flag him down or get it yourself. I go up to the sushi makers and ask for spicy sauce myself, they don't mind and its what your servers do anyway, so why wait for ten minutes. Ordering it to go is convenient, but getting it home just doesn't taste the same. Once I ordered over the phone and the gentleman server took the order and got it wrong so I ended up having to wait once I got there anyway. But that's they only 'bad' experience I've had there. I've never once gotten sick from eating there either. I love it there, its like home!

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

It's cute but lacks the art appeal and quality of professional sushi chefs. You will wind up paying just as much as other places.

Thank Dan Mattie Haro... S
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

If you are not sure what to order, this place is fun ! You get to sit right in front of the belt line of sushi passing by..if something looks good to you, grab it! The plates are all colored so you know how much each plate is.
If you dont see something your waiter can special order it for you. Everyone is really nice ,so dont be scared to ask questions :)

Also try the Salem Roll!

This place is always packed during lunch time.

They do to go orders as well, enjoy!

1  Thank Shirin T

Been to sushikyo? Share your experiences!