See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We were looking for an inexpensive one night stay because it was too far to drive without stopping for the night. I chose this motel because it was fairly close to the freeway, and it would be quick access on and off, plus there appeared to be restaurants nearby. I expect a Motel 6 to be zero frills, but at least clean. However, our room was not even that. It also smelled like smoke, and this was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. I liked that the rate was exactly what Trip Advisor said it would be. I think it would have been an okay place to stay with a clean room. We were tired from our trip and just wanted to sleep so we didn't complain or ask to be moved. There are restaurants and fast food places nearby.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I was in town for business. The room was nice and clean. Walking outside, there was a strong odor of marijuana, and some sketchy people wandering around the area. All in all, a good place to stay on a budget. I think the only couple things I want to mention was there is no fridge in the room, and WiFi is not complimentary.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Hotel VERY unorganize.. check in early morning of the 10 and the front desk girl did not know what she was doing took her almost 30 minutes to print out my registration card and give me my room keys WORST services EVER! Housekeepers should be taught to knock on doors before entering we got walk in on once by housekeeping and she didnt even knock on the door. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN HORRIBLE...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Almana, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Pretty nice for the price. 2 ppl we paid 64.00. Flat screen, bath tub, hot hot watet, close to food, gas, etc. Beds are comfy. Friendly staff, quiet. We would stay again and do recommend to others... has smoking/non smoking

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The motel is located just off the highway. There are about five more higher end motels on the .5 mile section of the road. They do cost a fair amount more.

The staff was pleasant to me and I had no issues.

The exterior of the building was in relatively good condition and clean. The room and bathroom were also clean. The furniture was entry level, and a bit worn. But, everything worked, nice warm shower with good pressure, and the bed was basically comfortable.

There are signs in the room of wear and tear. But, it had a fresh coat of paint, clean laminate flooring, the smaller cable tv was descent, and the AC worked.

Some of the guests were on the more difficult side of life — polite and respectful at the same time. It was all good inside the room and it was relatively quiet.

The general area did feel somewhat run down and I parked my truck in front of the 24 hour reception. I think a lot of people will have a bit of that uneasy feeling. I also left nothing in the cab. Nothing happened and the car alarms were not going off in the night. An other better part of this motel is that you can park directly in front of your room.

Side note — all the more expensive motels share the same neighborhood. I think that they have similar risk.

That said, I slept well and it was a relatively cheap stay. I drove some very long hours before, and it worked very well for me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo